BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Hooking up MT4

I have opened up a demo account with Markets World and got the MT4 program. Thought it would be easy to set up but I have to admit I am lost. Was hoping to get my hands dirty tomorrow morning on my demo account. Can somebody give me advice or do I have to contact Markets World.

Comments

• BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    MT4 does not natively "hook up" to MT4
    Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • WeRockSumWeRockSum Posts: 9
    How do you get the live feed coming to it for analysis? Do you have to hook it ups to the MQ5 site and what does that cost?
  • TheTwistedTheTwisted Posts: 11
    In MT4 you can create a demo account for free and use that
    I only have one account to test pings on and that is MFCM. The ping is 27.54. Is that a good signal or should I try another sight?
    27.54 is fine
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
    OK _ I give up. I have been messing with this MT4 thing all day. FXCM sent me to a Canadian site which I tried and could not get any chart movement. I reinstalled several times. Gave up and tried Oanda and I am having the same problem. Both sites I am getting a good ping on. Oanda won't even let me install where I want it to and installs to my 86 directory. Neither would accept the "/portable" parameter. I'm beginning to think that I may need to open some ports for it to go from my Internet to the servers but that is beyond my tech knowledge.
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    What open up ports? What kind of configuration do you have on your PC that would cause such issues I wonder. If you are using some kind of security software that combines virus/malware/firewall ect ect this could be why you are having the issues you describe yes see what ports are blocked and allow them. Now the security software should have told you its blocking them to begin with so sounds like a chinchy setup to me. You can always test that out by creating another user account in windows to prove its not a hardware or ISP issue if you like, odds are it would quickly solve your issue.
    I run my computer with administration rights so I don't understand why this is such a chore. Thinking of using my Mac which runs off my wireless net which is connected to the Internet and see what happens there. I am at a total loss here. I get the T4 companies emails coming through but there is no feed to the charts.
    I would wait till markets are open maybee.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
    Ok I was wondering about that as well. I have been messing with this for another day :neutral: I checked with my firewall and I don't even see MT4 listed in there to enable. I have demo accounts everywhere :blush:
    OK I got movement on th MT4 but it does not seem to be reflecting my time zone. Is there a way to fix that or is that something you just have to work with?
    Time zone comes from broker, only platform that lets you adjust it is Ctrader

Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com