BinaryOptions.net Forums General

What percentage ITM do you have?

ehenderichsehenderichs Posts: 22
From other topics I know some are doing well and even well enough to make money consistently.
I am curious about your statistics: % ITM, %OTM, %ATM.

Since I started a journal, still trading demo account though, I logged about 50 trades and am roughly 63% ITM. To get an idea of what is achievable I hope you can/want to provide your statistics.

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    about 60% is a good rate. My long term rate, over the past 3 or more years, tends to run about 60%. Sometimes I do poorly, 50% or so in a bad month, sometime very very good, over 75%, but overall about 60%. The key is to stay above 55%, the generally accepted rate to be profitable with binary.
  • ehenderichsehenderichs Posts: 22
    So know I have logged about 70+ trades using the same strategy and the ITM droppen to about 60%. So that is not to bad I guess. I still want to test another strategy, also about 70+ trades, before moving the real money trades. At some point I do need to train the mental aspect of losing my own money. Although I have to say I am already pretty disappointed to lose a trade, so some more demo trades won't be a bad thing.
    Losing, it happens, you can't let it get to you. Follow your rules, stick to money management systems (I used to only trade a percent but now I stick to $500... it takes a lot of guesswork out and I never lose too much) and eventually you won't even notice a loss. I focus on the next trade, and my overall win rate... sometimes I notice if I have a streak of losses but again, I tend to focus on the next trade more than if I win or lose the last trade.. it takes time but overcoming the emotional aspect can be done. Not saying I still don't have issues from time to time but for the most part, it doesn't bother me.
    Does damn emotions hahaha. This needs some practising off course. Many years ago I played online poker for quit some time. Here you also need to keep your emotions in check, hopefully lessons learned during this period are not all gone.
    it's the same... don't get exited and blow your wad, don't get discouraged and fail to make a good trade when you see it, never trade more money than you can afford to lose at one time.
    sounds the same indeed