BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Getting started

Hi everyone,

I am new to binary trading and currently trying to kit myself up. Is there a place where I can get MT4 without signing up to a broker and receiving endless phone calls even if it is a free demo account? I was planning on using 24Option as my main trading platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have been watching the guides and blogs and done plenty of reading, I was also wondering if there was any books anyone could recommend? Thanks!

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    alex16 said:

Hi everyone,

I am new to binary trading and currently trying to kit myself up. Is there a place where I can get MT4 without signing up to a broker and receiving endless phone calls even if it is a free demo account? I was planning on using 24Option as my main trading platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have been watching the guides and blogs and done plenty of reading, I was also wondering if there was any books anyone could recommend? Thanks!

Welcome!
    Binary options brokers and MT4 have nothing to do with each other.
    MetaTrader 4/5 are softwares created to display price quotes in candlestick/line charts.
    Obviously, you download the software MT4 from their official site, Metatrader4.com.
    After MT4 has been installed, you must connect to a Forex broker (again nothing to do with binary brokers)
    for price feeds. I use Oanda -5 GMT demo for my MT4 to use with 24Option as the price variation is very small around 0.5-1.5 pips at the most.
    If you have above 2 pips of difference between whichever broker you connect to and trade at, then change your quote provider until you have smaller differences like I explained.
    By the way, as a newbie you should read this:
    New-to-trading-5-important-steps-before-you-get-started
  • alex16alex16 Posts: 10
    Thank you! I'll have a look over the course of the weekend :)
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    alex16 said:

Thank you! I'll have a look over the course of the weekend :)

Keep me posted. Feel free to check out my trading diary too!