BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

MT4 help

I know this will sound like a really noobish question but how can I access MT4 charts? I would like to try my hand at binary options (demo first obviously) but I am having a hard time getting MT4 charts running on my computer. I have downloaded it from their site and tried to sign up for a demo account but it keeps saying it's not possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• tmacintotmacinto Posts: 4
    Well if you have something to share why don't you share it with everyone?
  • ShaunRShaunR Posts: 61
    tmacinto said:

I know this will sound like a really noobish question but how can I access MT4 charts? I would like to try my hand at binary options (demo first obviously) but I am having a hard time getting MT4 charts running on my computer. I have downloaded it from their site and tried to sign up for a demo account but it keeps saying it's not possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi tmacinto

Here is a link to a reliable broker price feed that offers demo accounts and the choice of MT4 or MT5. This is a Forex broker but I use their charts in conjunction with my binary options trading platform.

fxpro.co.uk/trading/accounts/open-demo-account

Please note that MT4 is now long in the tooth and I would suggest you use MT5 rather but that's my personal preference.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks
    Shaun
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    edited February 2017
    Hey. When you open metatrader, go to "File" then click "open an account".
    In there you will either see a list of brokers or only the "add new broker like "brokername" etc see picture below.

In which case, you can click there and type a broker for example the one ShaunR recommended or Alpari or Oanda and let it search.
    Next, it's important that you select the one that includes "DEMO" in the name.
    Regarding MT4/MT5, I would say most people choose to go with MT4 because many indicators and such are coded for MT4.
    As a price action trader using naked charts, for me it doesn't matter MT4 or MT5 because I am pretty much only using the naked charts BUT if you want to try lots of strategies and such then choose MT4 so you don't come complaining this or that is not working on MT5...
  • kudorsLVkudorsLV Posts: 36
    Cant download MT4 anymore. I wentto their website and when i press on "DOWNLOAD MT4" at the end it automaticaly downloads MT5 platform and instals MT5.

So next thing was, i remebered that on my old computer has MT4 so i turn on old PC, open MT4 and what i see is that MT4 does not show the right charts. They show some different price. I check with iqoptions platform, tradingview platform, binary.com platform all they show the same price, but MT4 shows completly different.
    Ya I noticed that too.
    Also thanks guys I followed your advice Okane and used an alpari demo account
  • EASportEASport Posts: 5
    Hi if you want to test binary options and use Metatrader charts then i have a good tool for you, look at this topic from me: http://forum.binaryoptions.net/discussion/3723/mt4-to-binary-com-metatrader-ea
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    kudorsLV said:

Cant download MT4 anymore. I wentto their website and when i press on "DOWNLOAD MT4" at the end it automaticaly downloads MT5 platform and instals MT5.

So next thing was, i remebered that on my old computer has MT4 so i turn on old PC, open MT4 and what i see is that MT4 does not show the right charts. They show some different price. I check with iqoptions platform, tradingview platform, binary.com platform all they show the same price, but MT4 shows completly different.

Go back to metatrader4.com, now look really closely, you will see why it still installs MT5. Because you clicked on MT5 not MT4.
    See here, you have to first select MT4 before you click download!

http://prntscr.com/e4m2yw