BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Funnily, real money affects outcome

Perry9Perry9 Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in Beginners Questions
Hi folks! Been trading IQ options demo account for about a month, and have had no problem getting a 60 - 67% ITM daily, with 5%-of-capital trades. So I figured I would do ok.

So, deposit a little, and hey presto -I can hardly get 50% ITM.
Switch to demo account, and again - 60+% ITM trades!
Back to real money account - wipeout.

Very often, trends change direction the second I place my trade.

I know more discipline is needed to stick to a strategy, but not being that disciplined worked really well with the demo account basically all the time, one starts to wonder.

So, wiped out twice now on real money, while my demo account has prospered!

Did a small deposit again, and making $1 trades, and get now maybe 30% ITM trades. It seems like the more I try, the worse it gets. Okay, at this moment I am frustrated and should stay away from it.

I'm quite surprised, though. Why would my results shift so drastically, just from switching the account up in the right corner? Demo = do good, Real = disaster.

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    What charts are you watching?
    Use a third party charts. If your third party chart is going the same direction as on IQ then it's not the platform's fault.
  • Perry9Perry9 Posts: 5
    I used the platform's charts. I do 90% of trades from the phone app during free minutes at work. Freestockcharts doesn't work from behind company proxy, but perhaps there are others. Is Tradingview good?

I honestly do not believe that the platform is cheating me. I rather think it is psychological - that my mindset somehow changes when I use real money, and I need to find a way to get around that.
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Yeah that's what I thought too, that's why I said it's good to use a third party chart too.
    You can use NetDania or MT4 on the phone, I use NetDania for mobile and MT4 on PC.
  • BossBoss Posts: 77
    In general trading on a demo and on a real shouldn't be worlds apart, but in actuality that's often exactly how it is) don't know why, maybe it is the phychological factor that plays a role, or the brokers are just not honest in relation to the trader.