Strategy Markets SWP Portfolio

mrcheesemrcheese Posts: 2
I've been approached by a company called Strategy Markets who are offering a fully automated trading portfolio they call "SWP Portfolio".

It's their own software and that runs trades based on their own rules. You have no control over what or how much is invested in each trade.

They are claiming average monthly returns of 3% using their fully automated portfolio, and they want an initial £20,000 deposit with inability to withdraw for the first year.

As a complete newbie to forex/binary options, I thought it wise to ask what are your thoughts are?

Are these returns realistic? Does anyone have any experience with Strategy Markets or their SWP Portfolio?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 996 admin
    mrcheese said:

I've been approached by a company called Strategy Markets who are offering a fully automated trading portfolio they call "SWP Portfolio".

It's their own software and that runs trades based on their own rules. You have no control over what or how much is invested in each trade.

They are claiming average monthly returns of 3% using their fully automated portfolio, and they want an initial £20,000 deposit with inability to withdraw for the first year.

As a complete newbie to forex/binary options, I thought it wise to ask what are your thoughts are?

Are these returns realistic? Does anyone have any experience with Strategy Markets or their SWP Portfolio?

Well, it's easy this one.

You see, you can already know it's a scam based on your first sentence:

"A company approached me"
    This is how easy money scams usually start, a company approaches you somehow, through email or cold calls.

Next warning sign is:

"they CLAIM to have 70% success rate"

third warning sign is:

"they have some magic software" yeah right... all the scammers online have a magic 70-99% winning software.

Final verdict, big scam and thanks for sharing here. Also mention which company it is, it might save lots of people
    lots of money :)
  • mrcheesemrcheese Posts: 2
    edited May 26
    Thank you for the reply. The company website is: strategymarkets.co.uk

//Thanks for the company name, edited the link - Mod.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 464 mod
    be very very careful with this one.. it looks like a big scam, it is definitely binary trading, but not regulated or registered or in compliance with CySEC and definitely not located in the UK despite the .uk URL.
  • KatKat Posts: 1
    A friend of mine invested 25k and this month was supposed to get the first return and told them would want to take all the profits to date which were almost 6k the day before it was due to be paid there were 4 trades made of 6k which all lost so the running profit is now less than 1k.......... this has been reported to the Police Action Fraud team........... keep well away from them
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 464 mod
    That sounds horrible but I am not surprised, it is a typical trick of shady scam brokers. I am sorry your friend got burned, you have to be very careful when making a deposit and super duper extra careful when making a deposit of the size you describe.
  • morris1000colemorris1000cole Posts: 1
    This firm seems to do a bit of research on their targets and cleverly lay the ground before the first cold call. They asked my profession at the end of the call and when I told them I'm a regulatory manager in the chemical industry was able to talk with me about the REACH regulation a major one affecting EU chemicals. Told me he had been in petrochemicals and worked with it and blamed his wife as she came from Helsinki. That's where the EU Chemicals Agency is located! Just enough to make me think he was a straight sort of guy from my industry so more likely I would trust me. You g to make me doubly guarded against future scam attempts.