Win as much as opposite side lose

logan123logan123 Posts: 4
Hi! I'm looking for broker or market where I can bet on something, but if I win, I don't receive x percent of payoff, but receive as much as people who bet wrong lost. I did it on btc-e with Bitcoins, but is it no longer available. Do you know some other place? Does this kind of betting have some particular name?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 942 admin
    logan123 said:

Hi! I'm looking for broker or market where I can bet on something, but if I win, I don't receive x percent of payoff, but receive as much as people who bet wrong lost. I did it on btc-e with Bitcoins, but is it no longer available. Do you know some other place? Does this kind of betting have some particular name?

Problem is, anyone who offers such a service would have to maintain and work on it and advertise it and provide support = meaning they need to charge you. And that charging part is why most places don't offer 100% return.
  • logan123logan123 Posts: 4
    Of course I want to pay some fee from my reward (on btc-e it was 5%). In this case the broker always win and I don't have to compete with the broker, but with people. Then it is possible to find some winning strategy (I did it on btc-e). Now I'm searching for something like that, but all I find are things like "bet up or bet down and win 70%". On btc-e if 1000 dollars were bet down and 10 dollars bet up, then if I bet down 1 dollar I could win (10/1001)*0,95 and if I bet up 1000/11*0,95. In any case the broker win some money, so I'm not broker's opponent. My opponents are other people, so it is much easier to win (long term winning is possible here).
    logan123 said:

Of course I want to pay some fee from my reward (on btc-e it was 5%). In this case the broker always win and I don't have to compete with the broker, but with people. Then it is possible to find some winning strategy (I did it on btc-e). Now I'm searching for something like that, but all I find are things like "bet up or bet down and win 70%". On btc-e if 1000 dollars were bet down and 10 dollars bet up, then if I bet down 1 dollar I could win (10/1001)*0,95 and if I bet up 1000/11*0,95. In any case the broker win some money, so I'm not broker's opponent. My opponents are other people, so it is much easier to win (long term winning is possible here).

I understand all that, but that's not what you said in your first post, you said 100% return.
    What you are saying now is different.
    Anyway, so long as you are trading with a broker they are your opponent. In the future maybe new technology can provide better
    solutions.
    I thought some kind of commision is obvious, but you are right. The idea is so simple and so good for both brokers and traders so I think it exists.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 444 mod
    Yeah, I've heard of a crowd betting app for financial trading but I can't think of the name. basically you each bet on whatever and the more people involved the bigger the payout.
    I'm not interested in gambling this way.