BinaryTilt scam - Payback-Ltd

JannJann Posts: 12
Having been scammed by BinaryTilt about a year ago some serious money, I have been contacted by www.payback-ltd.com who found out about this somehow (I got email from them which looked like a general marketing email, not specifically addressed to me).

Now, they say that they have successfully managed to help several victims of BinaryTilt to get their money back by using a process to freeze some of BinaryTilt's offshore accounts, which forces them to settle the claimed amounts to continue their scamming business again. They say I would have 90% chances of success with my case (I used wire transactions instead of credit card, which makes this more difficult). To take my case they ask 200$ upfront payment + 7% success fee.

I cannot find any reviews / experiences from this www.payback-ltd.com, apart from three testimonials on their website.

Do you have any experiences of this company or other views how reliable this might be? Although it is not more than 200$, I am really hesitant in engaging them as this may be just the same bunch of people finding another way of using me. Let me know your thoughts?

Janne

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,034 admin
    Jann said:

Having been scammed by BinaryTilt about a year ago some serious money, I have been contacted by www.payback-ltd.com who found out about this somehow (I got email from them which looked like a general marketing email, not specifically addressed to me).

Now, they say that they have successfully managed to help several victims of BinaryTilt to get their money back by using a process to freeze some of BinaryTilt's offshore accounts, which forces them to settle the claimed amounts to continue their scamming business again. They say I would have 90% chances of success with my case (I used wire transactions instead of credit card, which makes this more difficult). To take my case they ask 200$ upfront payment + 7% success fee.

I cannot find any reviews / experiences from this www.payback-ltd.com, apart from three testimonials on their website.

Do you have any experiences of this company or other views how reliable this might be? Although it is not more than 200$, I am really hesitant in engaging them as this may be just the same bunch of people finding another way of using me. Let me know your thoughts?

Janne

Usually when a company itself is reaching out its kind of fishy, unless you have subscribed to them. Some of these scam brokers sell your info to such scam companies which then run their own scams. This is probably how they got your email. I would not trust them. After they get your money you will most likely not be able to contact them again. Now, I am not 100% sure about this company you mentioned, but like I said, you need to do more research and see where they are located, find genuine reviews not from affiliates.
  • JannJann Posts: 12
    Thanks, Okane. Exactly my thoughts too. I do not want to pay them anything upfront. If they really believe that I have 90% chances of success, they should be able to do this only based on commission (I actually offered them higher success fee to end up to same ultimate fee, but they refused). Otherwise, I consider this as another scam.

I have tried to search information / customer reviews of this company online, but have not found any (other than those on their own website, which I cannot trust of course).

At least I have learned something about scamming from my sore experiences :)
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,034 admin
    Jann said:

Thanks, Okane. Exactly my thoughts too. I do not want to pay them anything upfront. If they really believe that I have 90% chances of success, they should be able to do this only based on commission (I actually offered them higher success fee to end up to same ultimate fee, but they refused). Otherwise, I consider this as another scam.

I have tried to search information / customer reviews of this company online, but have not found any (other than those on their own website, which I cannot trust of course).

At least I have learned something about scamming from my sore experiences :)

Good, glad you did your research first. If you can't find much about them and they want money upfront then most likely something is not right.