BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

When to trade on Apple iPhone 7 release?

Having tried binary options robot and promptly lost my $250, i've decided to put the hard work in, and learn BO myself. Its been said that the safe way to trade early on is on news and product launches. So i'm going to have a go with the new iPhone 7 to be released in a few days. My question is: If i buy a binary contract that predicts that the stock value of Apple will go up, is there a good chance of success? Any advice would be most welcome :) Many thanks.

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Welcome. You don't "buy a contract".
    You just choose whether you believe it will go up or down.

"If i buy a binary contract that predicts that the stock value of Apple will go up, is there a good chance of success?"
    That's a good chance that you are just gambling.
    I am not sure what you mean but that does not sound as trading.
    You need to learn price action analysis.

Start learning:

http://www.binaryoptions.net/blog/new-to-trading-5-important-steps-before-you-get-started/

http://forum.binaryoptions.net/discussion/1416/learn-price-action-how-to-start#latest
  • RainmanRainman Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    Hi okane. To be honest i was just going by what a well know binary option website was offering as advice. It was referring to the release date of an apple product and said: "Add the date to your calendar and around 1-2 days before the event buy a binary contract that predicts that the stock value of Apple will go up during the next 2-3 days. You can be 99% sure that your prediction will be correct, as Apple’s stocks always increase during a new product launch. And boom, this is it; you just made money with binary trading."

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Well, that's a different story. That's called a forecast based on Fundamental analysis and in this case
    even Technical. Apple releases a new product = new supply and the Apple-fanboys are probably already
    lining up outside the stores to get more phones. But it could also end up selling less than expected but in this case it might actually
    push their stocks up. Anyway, regardless of whether you follow someone or now, you better start learning about Fundamentals and
    Technical analysis!
  • TobiasRobinsonTobiasRobinson Posts: 45 admin
    Trading news events is certainly one way to use binary options. But you need to consider a lot of things. Firstly, your expiry - how long will it take for the release to impact the price? (Can you learn anything from previous releases to help here?). Secondly, there is obviously a risk of other news, particularly with a brand as newsworthy as Apple, that impacts the trade. The recent EU ruling on their tax affairs being one example!!

I would say you are on the right track in that you have realised there are no short cuts and you need to learn how to trade - but trading events still requires the "hard yards" in terms of research.
  • RainmanRainman Posts: 3
    Great advice tobias and okane. Thanks ;)
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    which broker have you been looking at? the one that suggested you trade Apple?
  • QuiruioQuiruio Posts: 2
    I still not get why iPhone 7 is the case.
  • elvisderrelvisderr Posts: 4
    As per the data APPL is no longer making the same profit they are making when Steve Jobs is still alive.
    Apple Inc.
    NASDAQ: AAPL - 20 Oct, 11:28 AM GMT-4
    116.96USD ↓ 0.16 (0.14%)

Like what I always do with my simple and complex trades, I always make sure that I checked the details on the web and on my platform thoroughly before making the right decision. Its always been great making trades with Optionstars because they might not be the perfect broker but the profit am getting is just alright to pay my bills for a while.
  • QuiruioQuiruio Posts: 2
    elvisderr said:

As per the data APPL is no longer making the same profit they are making when Steve Jobs is still alive.
    Apple Inc.
    NASDAQ: AAPL - 20 Oct, 11:28 AM GMT-4
    116.96USD ↓ 0.16 (0.14%)

Like what I always do with my simple and complex trades, I always make sure that I checked the details on the web and on my platform thoroughly before making the right decision. Its always been great making trades with Optionstars because they might not be the perfect broker but the profit am getting is just alright to pay my bills for a while.

now i understand. thanks
  • reaperreaper Posts: 60
    its released now, how is your trading man?

• Well, how it worked?