BinaryOptions.net Forums General

How Much Hours Do You You Trade During The Day?

bsbZenbsbZen Posts: 84
Hello all,

i am really curious about how many hours you are trading during the day? :)

I trade around 2-3 hours a day max as i want to be fully focust and concentrated as well. Or i will take a break after 2 hours or so and come back later on to trade another 1-2 hours, but i think it is extremely important to have a break while trading. Otherwise you will get tired and get slovenly and will pick losing trades.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Kind Regards,

BSB Zen

blueskybinary.com

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    edited January 2017
    Yeah in general I prefer a few hours of trading. Around 13-16 GMT+1 is best for me.
    Before I quit my job and became a full time trader, I used to work night so I was up late and I would trade Asian session too - around 3-5 in the morning my time.
    I think 2-3 hours is good. It's hard to maintain focus more than that. However, I normally let me charts run from the moment I turn on my PC. If I see a good opportunity then I trade. If I don't, then I just wait.
  • bsbZenbsbZen Posts: 84
    Okane said:

Yeah in general I prefer a few hours of trading. Around 13-16 GMT+1 is best for me.
    Before I quit my job and became a full time trader, I used to work night so I was up late and I would trade Asian session too - around 3-5 in the morning my time.
    I think 2-3 hours is good. It's hard to maintain focus more than that. However, I normally let me charts run from the moment I turn on my PC. If I see a good opportunity then I trade. If I don't, then I just wait.

I totally agree with you, thanks for sharing Okane :)
  • ShaunRShaunR Posts: 61
    Hi BSB Zen

I usually trade 2 - 3 hours a day, give or take an hour here or there. I agree that taking breaks is a must. I found that trading longer than that causes errors of judgment to creep in.

Often I'll have the charts running on one screen while I am busy with admin or replying to emails, and like Okane mentioned, if I spot an entry opportunity developing I'll focus on it and decide to enter or not. I find this approach keeps me relaxed and there is no pressure that I HAVE to enter the market. If something good sets up then I'll trade, if not, no worries cause I am working on other stuff anyway.
  • bsbZenbsbZen Posts: 84
    ShaunR said:

Hi BSB Zen

I usually trade 2 - 3 hours a day, give or take an hour here or there. I agree that taking breaks is a must. I found that trading longer than that causes errors of judgment to creep in.

Often I'll have the charts running on one screen while I am busy with admin or replying to emails, and like Okane mentioned, if I spot an entry opportunity developing I'll focus on it and decide to enter or not. I find this approach keeps me relaxed and there is no pressure that I HAVE to enter the market. If something good sets up then I'll trade, if not, no worries cause I am working on other stuff anyway.

Well said ShaunR. So breaks are important to have while trading :)