BinaryOptions.net Forums Brokers

CySEC Reforms to Standardize Binary Options Trading

ShaunRShaunR Posts: 61
Just seen this article...here are the headlines:

The full article is here:

financemagnates.com/binary-options/regulation/cysec-reforms-standardize-binary-options-trading/

Some really good changes but not looking forward to minimum 5 min expiry periods... oh well I will have to adapt.

Share your views on the proposed changes...

Thanks
Shaun

Comments

• Blue Sky BinaryBlue Sky Binary Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Hello Shaun,

Thanks for sharing this. Very good news indeed. The exit restrictions make it a better product.

In our experience, you will not have too much trouble shifting from 3 minute to 5m +, however trading 15m-30m and EOH expirys takes bit of a gear shift. Binary.com we believe most likely will still offer 2m-3m expiries as they are under MFSA jurisdiction.

There was a time when scam brokers allowed 30sec options which was their biggest source of income (i.e highest amount of client losses). Glad to see everything is moving in the right direction.

Team BSB
    Blue Sky Binary - Research, Education & Technology. Signal Hive - The No.1 Binary Signals Marketplace.

• TobiasRobinsonTobiasRobinson Posts: 45 admin
    Would be good if CySec focussed on the behaviour of brokers, rather than the product itself.

If account managers are busy emptying accounts, whether they use 30 second options or 5 minute options is largely irrelevant. Tiny steps in the right direction, but lets see some action against specific brands, where people are being openly ripped off.
  • EntropyEntropy Posts: 3
    Great notices,
    I hope to see these changes soon, as they are necessary for the industry.
  • reaperreaper Posts: 60
    Sounds promising, but banning turbos is a step not only against brokers, but against traders too. Instead of normal regulation they simply want to ban it. Great...