BinaryOptions.net Forums General

John Kane SCAM exposed

paveljablonpaveljablon Posts: 132
edited May 2017 in General
For those of you who have been following me in the last year, I have helped expose known scam artists and affiliate marketing scumbags such as lotzofbotz (aka The Binary Nerd) or Gabriel Odinaka, whose online reputation is now pure mud. Deservedly so since neither of these conmen can trade and spend most of their time hyping up their trading ability and scamming. They also slate real services and push their own bullshit. In lotzofbotz' case, Eric Engel (his real name) tries to help traders by overproducing money management videos, but ultimately as his trade4me stats show, he can't trade. In Gabriel Odinaka's case, he sells penis enlargement pills on the side or forwards newbies to fake brokers.

I had my eyes set on another a-hole called John Kane who has been selling Binary Bullet and many of my mates have lost a lot of money based on advice given by this fake non-entity who is behind the "review website" www.BinaryToday.com. I was going to do a detailed thread here on it after having collected a lot of evidence but it looks like the Bears beat me to it. So i'll just repost it here.

https://youtu.be/vsdwATfwEkk

To summarise, John Kane is NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

He sells Binary IQ, Binary Today Trader, Binary Brain Wave, Binary Bullet and a wide assortment of bullshit indicators on MT4 that are all loss making.
Transparent Binary Options trader and former floor trader. Now giving signals to help people safely to make money at Signal Hive Please do not contact me to manage your account, I will never take anyone's money. You can see my live performance on Signal Hive and subscribe to me there.

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    I have personally reviewed Binary Brain Wave. It's a complete scam and the feedback I get from anyone naive enough to try it has been the same "I lost money". Anyway, yes that entire website is a scam.
  • MouflonMouflon Posts: 15
    Thank you for your efforts.

I just got 2 private messages by accounts which have never posted a single post on this forum. I would be happy to expose them to the moderators of this forum.

One said they had profited over $370 just today. And that he/she would be happy to let me know 'the secret'. But if they are so successful, why would they spam my inbox if not to try and sign my up for this or that?

I smell a rat of course. But the thing is, some one could fall for it and fall victim.

I am not interested in get rich quick schemes. If I am going to trade with real money, it will only be once I learn how to trade and some basic fundamentals.
    Mouflon said:

I just got 2 private messages by accounts which have never posted a single post on this forum. I would be happy to expose them to the moderators of this forum.

One said they had profited over $370 just today. And that he/she would be happy to let me know 'the secret'. But if they are so successful, why would they spam my inbox if not to try and sign my up for this or that?

I smell a rat of course. But the thing is, some one could fall for it and fall victim.

I am not interested in get rich quick schemes. If I am going to trade with real money, it will only be once I learn how to trade and some basic fundamentals.

Hey it's important you report them so we can remove them before they do damage to anyone.
    Some people just don't understand what a scam is and get ripped off easily.
    Okane said:

Mouflon said:

Hey it's important you report them so we can remove them before they do damage to anyone.
    Some people just don't understand what a scam is and get ripped off easily.
    Sounds good to me.

Happy to report these individuals. Will do so right now.
    edited May 2017
    I am not sure what the reporting procedures for this forum are or who I should be reporting spammers to.

But, the following "new" members did spam my inbox. And so I will report them so that they can't do this to others, or offer them untold of and unrealistic riches.

These members are:

norfleet_pere
    binaryrush70
    Mouflon said:

I am not sure what the reporting procedures for this forum are or who I should be reporting spammers to.

But, the following "new" members did spam my inbox. And so I will report them so that they can't do this to others, or offer them untold of and unrealistic riches.

These members are:

norfleet_pere
    binaryrush70

Thanks. I noticed they had zero posts since sign up. Both are banned.
  • greggy_B7greggy_B7 Posts: 4
    Mouflon said:

These members are:

norfleet_pere
    binaryrush70

i encountered norfleet_pere or NP he called himself and he was also telling me about the secret of trading. it's good he got banned.
  • DaveODaveO Posts: 1
    Hi I don’t post on forums often but, if people can learn by my mistakes then the effort will be worth it.
    I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve purchased more than one of John Kanes (or Patrick FX as he call’s himself on Forex Robot Nation) products including Binary IQ.

Although there are many posts on the site saying they’re having great success with Binary IQ my experience has been very different with wins being very few and the loses many. It essentially doesn’t work. I tried trading at different times of the day to see if that would make any difference but it didn’t.
    A couple of months ago a person called Grimes was made an official contributor to the site. In his very early posts he explained that you need to learn how to filter out the bad signals from Binary IQ, and he would post a video of how he used Fibonacci fans and ema’s to filter out the bad trades (his words).

This caused a bit of a stir and people began to question the quality of the Binary IQ signals. Many weeks on, Grimes seems to be MIA and John is back to hyping up the results saying you just have to follow the signals and trade confirmation indicators.

A recent post below from another purchaser explains my own experience perfectly.

“I saw the comment about trade confirmation, using the trade assistant and it certainly helps, but I still struggle at times. As the signal will arrive say a PUT, all the Trade Assistant arrows are RED, and then as you place the trade they literally change direction and one can win / loose a trade by a mere 2-3 pips. But in your 50K road map your trades win by a large margin. Now the question is what do you use as additional confirmation / indicator to give you such a huge margin”

The question has gone unanswered and I suspect will remain so.

I feel silly and embarrassed that I was suckered in so easily by John Kane. His site portrays a place where members can place their trust and learn about the latest scams to stay away from and also purchase software that works. Unfortunately the reality is the opposite and I hope my experience prevents others making the same mistakes as I did.

Dave
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    Thanks Dave, I'm sure it was hard for you to admit to being scammed but thanks for doing it, your experience can help others. Get rich quick trading schemes don't work, learn to trade for yourself, have a good time and trade responsibly.
  • FrJackHackettFrJackHackett Posts: 16
    I'm also ashamed to say I bought one of John Kane's products, Binary Defender. I wouldn't say it was absolute garbage, in that it basically looked for certain events that might indicate a good entry point, but at the end of the day, I still had to decide whether to take the trade based on some other indicators e.g stochastic, overbought/oversold, etc etc etc. From that point of view, if you bought it to blindly follow the signals, you'd lose all your money pretty quickly. Another thread on here said Binary Defender was basically this:

http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/598-my-daily-bread-and-butter-cci-divergence-and-valuechart/

So I'm fairly certain this guy just takes inspiration from some basic strategies and packages them up as a magic winning piece of software that he then reviews on his own site, along with some comments praising how great the products are.

It worked well enough for me so long as I made my own judgement on the signal, until one particular day when I was flooded with signals, and with my concentration elsewhere (playing pool in a bar with beer involved), I took most of the signals and all of a sudden, most of my money was gone.

So yeah, he's a complete scam artist. and I was a complete idiot to buy into him and his wares. Just thought I'd post to keep the thread alive in the hope that someone might actually Google his site before parting with any cash and stumble upon this. And if you're reading this and are that someone, and I've saved you a pound/dollar or two, I'm always open to donations! :lol:
    Also might be a good idea to edit the title of the post to include "binarytoday.com" so it's more visible to Google
  • wavynavywavynavy Posts: 1
    Hey, guys, i wanna chime in here.

John kane isnt a scammer at all. He just makes his own products and sells them directly. He uses auto trader review marketing to bring traffic to his site. (Bashing shitty autotraders and exposing them)

I can give you the low down on alot involving him.

Some of his products are good some are trash. That doesnt make him a scam that just means some of his stuff sucks. There is no holy grail thats gonna give you 100 percent win rate all the time.

Binary 5 is actually good. The problem with it is sometimes you are waiting all day to get a qualified trade. So you have to reject alot of trades before you get one that is good. I have a spreadsheet that i use for tracking and to be honest its about 70% win rate of qualified trades. Not all trades are qualified. It also doesn't give you much volume. Id like at least 15 trades a day with it but im lucky to get 7 or so on a good 8 hours of trading which sucks.

Binary IQ is really bad unless you use the low-risk filter and you will not get many trades but most of them will be good if they are qualified. For example for the past 2 days im 9-2. But somedays you go 2-3 or 3-6. That's just the nature of trading.

Binary Trader Today is terrible. I follow all the instructions and the win rate is like 40 to 50 percent if that. Once i got mad and starting taking all the trades the opposite way and started getting winners. I dont recommend that one at all.

He has other websites like forexrobotnation and he says his name is patrick fx or whatever..

I personally dont mind him doing that stuff to sell his products I see nothing wrong with it. That doesn't make him a scammer that makes him a marketer. He never once tried to Conn me out of money I purchased his stuff willingly.

Just my thoughts. I think he is a good guy. Maybe binary 5 could give more trades and binary today trader could be coded different but i have made actual money off his products with B5 and Binary IQ but you do have to filter out bad signals and wait and wait for good ones.

Just my 2 cents.

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    wavy navy you are so full of crap I can smell it through the internet wires. I bet you are John Kayne in disguise. Go home.
    wavynavy said:

John kane isnt a scammer at all. He just makes his own products and sells them directly. He uses auto trader review marketing to bring traffic to his site. (Bashing shitty autotraders and exposing them)

Point me to the location on his Binary Today website where he says all these products he's promoting are his... I'll save you from looking; he never says that. And he's just bashing competitors' products. Also, none of these 'products' are autotraders; they're signal generators.
    wavynavy said:

Some of his products are good some are trash. That doesnt make him a scam that just means some of his stuff sucks.

Those products just use a combination of commonly used indicators to give you signal that it might be a good time to trade. You still have to study it and decide to take the trade yourself. Nowhere does he mention that in any of his reviews. He makes out like you can just blindly follow every signal and you'll make money.
    wavynavy said:

The problem with it is sometimes you are waiting all day to get a qualified trade. So you have to reject alot of trades before you get one that is good.

This demonstrates my point nicely.
    wavynavy said:

Binary Trader Today is terrible.

Really? But Mr Kane has given it a 5 star review, and it supposedly has over 1200 votes rating it at 4.67 out of 5. Maybe you're just using it wrong...
    wavynavy said:

He never once tried to con (Fixed that for you!) me out of money I purchased his stuff willingly.

Most cons involve getting the victim to willingly hand over cash.
    wavynavy said:

I think he is a good guy.

He's not.
    wavynavy said:

you do have to filter out bad signals and wait and wait for good ones.

Not according to John Kane, you don't!