BinaryOptions.net Forums Brokers

100+ calls in one month

SilentDSilentD Posts: 5
edited November 2017 in Brokers
So 5 months ago I signed up with a few platforms to see what its all about. Never really invested in anything. And quickly decided that trading was not for me.

Then 4 month later, I started receiving 4-5 calls every single day from brokers trying to hook me up. I ask where they got my number from, and they ALL claim that i signed up with them. I may have signed up with 3 or 4 but am getting 100+ calls so far, and it dosnt seem to stop. All the callers are rude as hell, and dont take no for an answer.. If I dont take the call or hang up, they call me back the next day, acting like we never spoke before.

This is beyond harassment. What can be done? I dont want to change my phone number. I have way to many things attached to that number, and had it for 20+ years.

It seems like all the brokers are trading client information between each other.. Which cant possibly be legal.

what to do?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    SilentD said:

So 5 months ago I signed up with a few platforms to see what its all about. Never really invested in anything. And quickly decided that trading was not for me.

Then 4 month later, I started receiving 4-5 calls every single day from brokers trying to hook me up. I ask where they got my number from, and they ALL claim that i signed up with them. I may have signed up with 3 or 4 but am getting 100+ calls so far, and it dosnt seem to stop. All the callers are rude as hell, and dont take no for an answer.. If I dont take the call or hang up, they call me back the next day, acting like we never spoke before.

This is beyond harassment. What can be done? I dont want to change my phone number. I have way to many things attached to that number, and had it for 20+ years.

It seems like all the brokers are trading client information between each other.. Which cant possibly be legal.

what to do?

Hey. Yes, some of these bucketshop brokers sell your information. In fact, they might have even written that in their terms and conditions.
    It is sneaky I know and I would never signup with such broker. I used to have the same issue! So I got call-block for my Android.
    It took a while but eventually they stopped calling when I blocked so many numbers. If it's too much, then you will simply have to change your phone number. Once your number is sold there is not much you can do.
  • SilentDSilentD Posts: 5
    There must be some legal action that can be done to shut them down.. Without actually having to make a lawsuit.. In my country its illegal to call customers without specific agreement for every single call.. Is there no such thing in UK? most calls are +44
    SilentD said:

There must be some legal action that can be done to shut them down.. Without actually having to make a lawsuit.. In my country its illegal to call customers without specific agreement for every single call.. Is there no such thing in UK? most calls are +44

No, how are you going to take legal action against a "ghost". Some of these brokers are not regulated anywhere and are using fake addresses.
    Also, the authorities have bigger issues with these firms who steal money. Calling people is the last thing anyone cares about. You should
    be happy they didn't take your money too. Besides, it's probably multiple brokers so it's not just one firm calling you. What they do is that they
    sell their call list to the next bucketshop and they take over the harassment.
  • SilentDSilentD Posts: 5
    edited November 2017
    I see.. They must really be desperate. If they cant hear on the tone of my voice that im not the slightest interested in their shit. Ive been considering making a youtube channel with all the calls, and making funny replies just to make something positive out of it.
    SilentD said:

I see.. They must really be desperate. If they cant hear on the tone of my voice that im not the slightest interested in their shit. Ive been considering making a youtube channel with all the calls, and making funny replies just to make something positive out of it.

lol not a bad idea. I used to answer them sometimes and ask them questions just to hear them lie and pretend to be a newbie and once
    I had heard a bunch of lies I would confront them with the facts. That really made them not call again.
  • YozshujindYozshujind Posts: 87
    Oh, I think many traders face this because really the customer base can get from one company to many others. Plus, your data could get to brokers if you have registered on some analytical resource or maybe registered for a thematic webinar. Such sites usually need financial, sponsorship and they get it from brokers by passing on the contacts of registered users. So be careful with this in the future, because information really does spread fast. In addition, for such moments it is better to have an additional e-mail address so that all spam gets there and does not interfere with your business. I have no idea how annoying this is for you.
  • GalabarGalabar Posts: 3
    It's a common practice, it's really difficult to give up brokerage services, because they do not want to let a client who is disappointed or just decided not to trade anymore or banal decided to change a broker. And then the real war begins, which can bring a trader to the change of phone number. Specifically, in your case, I would recommend you to immediately blacklist the numbers from which you receive calls, of course they can be different every time - this is also a well-known fact, but in time you can still get rid of these obsessive calls. If you still have a personal account somewhere, you can delete it or block it, then the probability that you will be called will be even lower. Good luck with that, you can handle it...