BinaryOptions.net Forums Brokers

Strategy Markets SWP Portfolio

mrcheesemrcheese Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Brokers
I've been approached by a company called Strategy Markets who are offering a fully automated trading portfolio they call "SWP Portfolio".

It's their own software and that runs trades based on their own rules. You have no control over what or how much is invested in each trade.

They are claiming average monthly returns of 3% using their fully automated portfolio, and they want an initial £20,000 deposit with inability to withdraw for the first year.

As a complete newbie to forex/binary options, I thought it wise to ask what are your thoughts are?

Are these returns realistic? Does anyone have any experience with Strategy Markets or their SWP Portfolio?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    mrcheese said:

I've been approached by a company called Strategy Markets who are offering a fully automated trading portfolio they call "SWP Portfolio".

It's their own software and that runs trades based on their own rules. You have no control over what or how much is invested in each trade.

They are claiming average monthly returns of 3% using their fully automated portfolio, and they want an initial £20,000 deposit with inability to withdraw for the first year.

As a complete newbie to forex/binary options, I thought it wise to ask what are your thoughts are?

Are these returns realistic? Does anyone have any experience with Strategy Markets or their SWP Portfolio?

Well, it's easy this one.

You see, you can already know it's a scam based on your first sentence:

"A company approached me"
    This is how easy money scams usually start, a company approaches you somehow, through email or cold calls.

Next warning sign is:

"they CLAIM to have 70% success rate"

third warning sign is:

"they have some magic software" yeah right... all the scammers online have a magic 70-99% winning software.

Final verdict, big scam and thanks for sharing here. Also mention which company it is, it might save lots of people
    lots of money :)
  • mrcheesemrcheese Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for the reply. The company website is: strategymarkets.co.uk

//Thanks for the company name, edited the link - Mod.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    be very very careful with this one.. it looks like a big scam, it is definitely binary trading, but not regulated or registered or in compliance with CySEC and definitely not located in the UK despite the .uk URL.
  • KatKat Posts: 1
    A friend of mine invested 25k and this month was supposed to get the first return and told them would want to take all the profits to date which were almost 6k the day before it was due to be paid there were 4 trades made of 6k which all lost so the running profit is now less than 1k.......... this has been reported to the Police Action Fraud team........... keep well away from them
    That sounds horrible but I am not surprised, it is a typical trick of shady scam brokers. I am sorry your friend got burned, you have to be very careful when making a deposit and super duper extra careful when making a deposit of the size you describe.
  • morris1000colemorris1000cole Posts: 1
    This firm seems to do a bit of research on their targets and cleverly lay the ground before the first cold call. They asked my profession at the end of the call and when I told them I'm a regulatory manager in the chemical industry was able to talk with me about the REACH regulation a major one affecting EU chemicals. Told me he had been in petrochemicals and worked with it and blamed his wife as she came from Helsinki. That's where the EU Chemicals Agency is located! Just enough to make me think he was a straight sort of guy from my industry so more likely I would trust me. You g to make me doubly guarded against future scam attempts.
  • XaviXavi Posts: 2
    mrcheese said:

This is a Scam mate i have a friend that deposit 30000£ and with out his knowledge or permission they stick him a Bonus that he never asked or agree and now he is in a very bad situation in health and need money and they don't let him money back, he only wants his investment not any cent more. its a SCAM,FRAUDE Be carefull.
  • XaviXavi Posts: 2
    Kat said:

A friend of mine invested 25k and this month was supposed to get the first return and told them would want to take all the profits to date which were almost 6k the day before it was due to be paid there were 4 trades made of 6k which all lost so the running profit is now less than 1k.......... this has been reported to the Police Action Fraud team........... keep well away from them

Same as a friend of mine that scammed with 30000£
    Xavi said:

Kat said:

Same as a friend of mine that scammed with 30000£
    Glad you shared your story. Even if we keep telling people not to trust such scams, it always makes a greater effect when someone shares
    what happened to them so they really get the picture!
  • sudeshvaidyasudeshvaidya Posts: 1
    My advise would be not to invest with Strategy Market with any of their scheme. Please go through the termination clause. I would like to quote 1) Investor cant withdraw money without giving notice just before renewal of the period, 2) Even you give notcie as per their terms of condition, it is at the option of Strategy to entertain your request or not, and they accept our request they will charge 70% of our investment as penalty charges. It means even you do not earn or loose there is heavy risk of loosing 70% of the investments.

They may wipe out whole investment during 60 days notice by trading on which we do not have any control

The so called trade is not executed via automatic trade it is manual trade executed by the trader on Binary option.

So the conclusion is Strategy Market is big scam and 100% lost of investment if you pay once. You do not have any legal recourse against them. It is unfortunate Uk regulatary have no control against them

I have suffered with Strategy Market heavily. My advice to stay away or contact me if want more info. Please convey on the Social media to save other investor from suffereing
    Thanks for your first hand experience.
  • dreamondreamon Posts: 19
    I believe I have been scammed by the same company, too. I am trying to get the contact of as many people as possible to get their website shut down. Could other victims of the scam - or friend - send me a private message, please?
    dreamon said:

I believe I have been scammed by the same company, too. I am trying to get the contact of as many people as possible to get their website shut down. Could other victims of the scam - or friend - send me a private message, please?

what's the company? how did they scam you? what website?
  • alans1948alans1948 Posts: 1
    Hello, I have the same problem with Strategy Markets, 40K invested over a year and a half and they just stop calling, no answer to emails and phone not working, told me what seem like a pack of lies.

what's the company? how did they scam you? what website?

Company: Strategy Markets
    Scam: similar to what other users have reported: you invest in a managed account (the one working with the algorithm). Things go well at the beginning and that invites you to invest more. As soon as you ask to withdraw some of the gains, a series of negative transactions bring the total amount down and you essentially lose money. On top of that, the company also deposits random "bonuses" in your account: apparently, they cannot invest their own money and use your accounts to do that. As far as the account is profitable that seems to be a win-win situation: you keep the additional profit and they make 10% on money which they could not otherwise invest. When the account loses money, however, you have to return the bonus (e.g. £5k). It seems a very easy way for the company to make money out of thin air: a bonus is nothing but a transaction in your account, whether the money was really transferred and traded you do not know. No T&Cs can be found or are shared regarding how they handle bonuses.
    The address in the website's footer (51 Marshall Street, Island Suite, Soho London W1F 9SF) does not exist, I live not far and verified personally. The address on the contact page is a virtual office: incidentally, I have also opened a small company there. Now they claim they are based in Geneva, and the reason for moving there is that the UK government ha changed regulations and will tax the profits from high-frequency trading. I don't know if that's true, but after calling the number on their website (0800 031 5292) I was redirected to a Swiss number (08715101360).
    The main website (strategymarkets.co.uk) and all the websites on their press page (https://strategymarkets.co.uk/press-release/) are registered with godaddy, not unusual if you consider that godaddy is the largest registrar in the world. However, they all use a private domain mask (Proxy LLC) and that looks a bit odd.

As I said, I'd be willing to get in touch with other people that find the all situation quite dodgy and evaluate together the options we have.

Thank you

Thanks for sharing. These scams are very common. They show fake profits then ask for more money until the client becomes suspicious. Then they vanish. These people are everywhere too. They also keep spamming forums (even here) on a daily basis trying to get beginners to contact them for "easy cash". It's always best to avoid them and don't work with unregulated brokers but also check the company reputation is important.
  • gibagiba Posts: 2
    Hi. Is any possibility to claim the money back via court?
    giba said:

Hi. Is any possibility to claim the money back via court?

that depends on where you are, where the scams are and if the authorities catch them. some scammers have been caught but the best have been hiding behind so many front companies and offshore jurisdictions it is impossible to keep track of them.
  • gibagiba Posts: 2
    In the uk. They still answer to my call. Their phone number is British as well as the mobile numbers they called. Where should I start?
    edited April 2018
    Update:
    The domain strategymarkets.co.uk has expired.
    They do not answer on either 0800 031 5292 or 020 3771 7320.
    The FCA has released a warning: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/new-power-gen-ltd-t-strategy-markets

• magpiemagpie Posts: 15
    I have also been scammed by this company. As you say, there is no access to their web-site. I put a lot of money from an inheritance with them last year. I'm going to try chargeback as I paid through credit card. Any other advice? They weren't on the FCA warning list last year. I would like to be in contact with others n same boat but don't know how to contact. Fb link didn't work.
  • LollyspotLollyspot Posts: 1
    Spoke with them today, all is well says Mr. A. B. just a slight technical glitch. site will be back online soonest. Guess I am avoiding the truth
  • mondiemondie Posts: 3
    I've been with Strategy Markets for just over a year. My account seems to be hovering on a 3K profit, but it was giving me a return of about 5K last October, before a bad run. I get calls on a regular basis from the guy looking after my account. He recently suggested i trade on a different platform which yields a greater return, although he did remind me of the comparable risks.
    I'm a bit alarmed by all the negative posts on this site about Strategy Markets. I have not been worried about them at all, but I don't know what will happen if I want to withdraw. I did ask to add to my funds but I was told that I couldn't because they only take minimum payments of 50K. I felt encouraged that they wouldn't take anymore of my money (I don't have 50K, for the record!), however, I did wonder whether the losses increase as the time when I can withdraw funds arrives.
  • mondiemondie Posts: 3
    Right now, they sent me an email saying that they had an outage on their website (?) and they're trying to rectify it. I've been trying to get onto it but have had no joy as yet. I get regular calls so I feel I can call to find out how things are, or more common, I get a call to discuss my account.
  • magpiemagpie Posts: 15
    Lollyspot. What number did you get through on?
    I wonder if they are just stalling, hoping to stop people starting bank actions through section 75, and give themselves enough time to cover their tracks.
    mondie said:

Right now, they sent me an email saying that they had an outage on their website (?) and they're trying to rectify it. I've been trying to get onto it but have had no joy as yet. I get regular calls so I feel I can call to find out how things are, or more common, I get a call to discuss my account.

It's a scam and there are no profits there. Strategy Markets is an unauthorized broker:
    https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/new-power-gen-ltd-t-strategy-markets
    Already on the FCA's list. They claim to be based in UK where Binary Options is no regulated yet, they appear in their list
    of unauthorized firms.
  • DannyElderDannyElder Posts: 1
    mondie said:

From what email address did you receive the email?
    Update 26/04/2018

I talked to Action Fraud (https://www.financialfraudaction.org.uk/) and they suggested filing a report
    http://actionfraud.police.uk/report-fraud-about-you

Please select "Fraud to do with a financial investment, e.g. purchasing stocks or shares, a mortgage or an investment scheme ".

For more advice on trying to recover money after frauds, you may want to check this site:
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-your-money-back-after-a-scam

I would suggest to gather as many people as possible and start an action together. If there are a few of us the money involved is huge and the authorities could not ignored it.

• Ruardean123Ruardean123 Posts: 10
    I would like to join an action group against SM. I attempted early termination back in jan when the early term' penalty was 45% but "Aaron" convinced me to stay, then they changed the early termination penalty to 70% and can only be applied for in yr 2! This "investment" was sold to me as HFT but I soon learned it is Binary Options and read about the scams that are happening. I have been advised they are actually in Isreal along with the parent company but can't be certain if that's true!
  • walkswalks Posts: 6
    I am in the same boat. 40k.. Very interested in joining an action group