Strategy Markets SWP Portfolio

124»

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 535 mod
    fboalfie said:

Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??

fboalfie said:

Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??

what is section 75?
  • stowa99stowa99 Posts: 5
    Once again i have emailed them to request a withdrawal. watch this space. If I have no joy then i will approach my bank Santander. I have already logged a complaint with Action fraud on the 27/4 18. They have only sent me a 'bog' standard letter.
  • fboalfiefboalfie Posts: 5
    Section 75 is protection against a series of issues that may have risen following a purchase of a product or service £100-£30k with the use of a credit card. More info on the below link:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Whether or not it can be successfully applied to cases like Strategy Markets, for all those who may have deposited their SM accounts by charging their credit cards, remains unanswered really, unless anyone here has successfully managed any such refund with their bank??

Also, on a separate note, Action Fraud has escalated the Strategy Markets case to the City of London Police, who are investigating further.
  • mjcmjc Posts: 6
    edited May 24
    Well what a surprise. I logged in this morning to see they have done 4 Trades in a day. No more £500 trades either. Trades between 3k and 4k each. 3 of which lost.Balance down 9k Gone from 2k up to 7k down. That's before I send the e mail to withdraw lol. Done up like a kipper
  • magpiemagpie Posts: 13
    My bank successfully recouped £600 onto my credit card, from an online furniture business that went bust, through section 75. This is a very different kettle of fish, though. Still waiting for lloyds disputes dept to get back to me.
    Has anyone had any replies to emails or phone calls from CPT?
  • dreamondreamon Posts: 15
    mjc said:

No more £500 trades either. Trades between 3k and 4k each.

Apparently, with the so called "new strategy" - they referred to it as "corporate" in the past - the algorithm trades not only in currencies but in commodities as well. However, it can invest up to 15% of your capital, hence those 3k-4k transactions.

• FeelingpainFeelingpain Posts: 5
    Yesterday I sent an email to CPT requesting to change my withdrawal details as I had to replace a damaged bank card. Today I received a reply asking to send details and they would be updated by the sender a Samuel Clement of CPT. I used a card with only 42pence of a balance in it. My total deposits to SM were £82k and present balance is stating on CPT website as over £220k. I also have suffered the same ups and down with invested amounts varying constantly. On one day I lost £71K in 2 investments but recovered to less than £30k loss in the same day. When reading that investments have been made in companies such as TEVO there seems to be a similar pattern in the companies that are invested in among us all. Andrew Burrows was one of the three people that have been used to contact me. The others being Jamie Stones and Myles Peterson. I rang one of them but went straight to answering machine. Some of the users here say that you have to request a withdrawal with 60 days notice. Who do we contact to do this if emails bounce back and there is no contact numbers that are actually still in use? I used to get a call every week but this has stopped for over 6 weeks now. All my financies are now with this investment as like you I looked as far as I thought was enough into this investment but seems like I have also been conned by their sales pitch and long game.

Who do we contact to do this if emails bounce back and there is no contact numbers that are actually still in use?

I wrote an email (a few actually) to [email protected] and [email protected]

Contacted the FCA today and also raised a case with Action Fraud. I would suggest that we all do this so that the amount of people affected by this scam is highlighted to the authorities.
    Action Fraud telephone number is 0300 123 2040
  • mikvicmikvic Posts: 1
    Currently attempting to recover my investment of £5k with strategy markets made in January 2017 like everyone else now finding it difficult to speak to a person however have had response on email telling me to use same log in details which has been successfulnow they have been taken over by cptsystems in Switzerland so requested withdrawal of funds ?? See what happens
    mikvic CPT and Strategy Markets is a total scam. Read my previous posts and contact Action Fraud on the number given.
  • 2gallus2gallus Posts: 2
    Feelingpain Its defo a SCAM. And to anyone else who is waiting for a payout on the 15th July, you have more chance of finding a pork chop in a synagogue (no offence intended), I spoke to Andrew Burrows around 8 weeks ago and challenged him over several issues, his attitude changed completely, stating he "only worked" for customer services and was not aware that his name and others were all over this forum. I ended the conversation with this soulless piece of shit by stating that he would probably never contact me again (He hasn't) To the others who have invested way more than me (10k) give it up or you'll end up sick with stress and worry. I know this is a bitter pill to swallow, invest in England winning the World Cup, because believe me, you've more chance of getting a payout. Peace 2gallus
    If the name Andrew Burrows is put into a search engine it will come up describing a person who has done very well in the financial world and is a professor of something in one of the English universities. I think it may be Nottingham. Strategy Markets Andrew Burrows has probably stolen this guys name and credentials along with everything else fraudulent in his life.
    Why do you think they keep talking about 15th July? Is it just a random date to keep us quite and wait or do you think there might be other reasons behind that specific date?

Agreed on Andrew Burrows' fake identity: we should report him to the police for identity theft, besides fraud of course.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 535 mod
    duh, its overdue if you haven't already.