BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

New here!

Hi, I'd like to ask a few questions.

I'm a U.S citizen, living abroad, have a permanent residency in Costa Rica.

Can I still use Brokers such as IQ option etc?

What do they require to draw out money?

I've read about the scammers, golden rule and a few other articles here. I'm going to test just with a paper account for now and no actual assets, should I know anything else?

Thank you!

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Hey. If you are in the U.S then you should trade Nadex.
    Binary Options brokers that are not CFTC regulated are not allowed to accept US citizens.
  • CrazyBerryCrazyBerry Posts: 5
    I'm outside of the US, and have duel citizenship, does this not matter? I can use my Costa Rican citizenship? Or is that still against the rules?
    Well, depends on what it says on your ID. If you sign up from outside of US you may be able to sign up because your IP is not from US.
    Then you have to apply for verification FIRST just to make sure you go through and apply with your Costa Rican address and ID.
    If there are no issues then I guess it's fine. But the problem is, the broker may still block you if they find out about your US citizenship because
    they are scared of CFTC. So best thing is to ask the broker, if they allow it then ok. But again, go only with a regulated broker. If you go with an unregulated broker you can be almost 99% sure you will have issues later on with withdrawals since most of them are crooks.
    I'm thinking of IQ Options for now, I know they're regulated. I think?

They are, but like I said, ask their support first.

They are, but like I said, ask their support first.
    Will do. Was just messaged and told the I should email this person yadda yadda, I'm guessing those are scammers? Will PM you the details in case it is so you can ban them.

Will do. Was just messaged and told the I should email this person yadda yadda, I'm guessing those are scammers? Will PM you the details in case it is so you can ban them.

Thanks, anyone telling you to email them is a scammer. I will take care of it - good job!
    What I figured, thank you.
  • JiglerJigler Posts: 71
    If you are new in this forum than you are welcome here. This forum answers your questions and helps you any time you need help. They are here to sort out your problems and give you the best solution for your problems. Thanks
  • gillevinsongillevinson Posts: 1
    +972 54-981-6912
    Sign me up! Wanna trade

+972 54-981-6912
    Sign me up! Wanna trade

What?