BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Migrating to EU from US

What do you really loose out on, from a trading and access to platform perspective, when one migrates from the US to EU?

I am looking into working there, but mainly concerned about how my trading will get limited there.

I mainly trade options from a technical standpoint on the TOS platform.

If I do move, I don't plan on having any ties to the US banking system, so no proof or address or accounts to keep my trading accounts active.

This question has bugged me for a while, but I never knew whom to ask. Anyone here who has made the move and can shed light on this?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Hey welcome. I am not sure but I hope @The_Geek_MH can help you.
    I think some brokers may refuse US citizens even when they live in the EU or elsewhere.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    I don't know about that. If you are a citizen and have proof of ID I'd think you'd be able to trade no problem. PS, what is the TOS platform?
  • MalvridMalvrid Posts: 107
    I think that major issue are some differences in regulation. You should check with ESMA and MiFID regulation, because there is some sort of ban for BO trading. However, maybe the best is to discuss with your broker about differences and eventually tax treatment
  • YozshujindYozshujind Posts: 87
    I assume you should be prepared to pay some VAT for that matters as well as payouts and deposits will be in EUR really as well as some other sort of things here. Before migrating ask on local forums about forex as well. Kinda strange you didn't yet.
  • GranithrisGranithris Posts: 22
    There can be nuances here, because the legislation on brokerage companies and trading in general has its own differences in America and Europe, so it is worth to learn all the details, I read a little bit myself and found out that there are brokers who were able to get their development both there and there. But there are not many brokers like that. But in principle, if you strongly want to continue working with a particular company, you can use a VPN if it is allowed by agreement. In addition, you can check all the information with your broker to find out whether it is reasonable or worth thinking about finding another company that will be able to provide you with the same spread of services.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    vpn's won't work if you can't prove an address to get verified for withdrawals.