BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Newbie question, protect a gain on the USA$

I have slight understanding of options, but I do not want to trade it daily or even weekly. But as a newbie I do have one question that I am looking for an ideas. I have put some money into USA dollars, from Canada in 2011. Since that time the Canadian dollar has fallen 34% against the USA Greenback. I do not want to bring my money back for another 2 years, but I want to protect my 34% gain.
What position or trade does anyone think I should take to protect this position?
Thanks for your help beforehand

Comments

• lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    If its a good deal of money get a financial advisor and create a plan to go delta neutral to hedge your position/gains. A financial advisor can help you do this with swaps/etfs/bonds or other mixes that might be able to model them selves in different beneficial models to reduce costs associated. Oh man now I sound like an economist *smacks self in head... With the current $ strength/China flash crash/Oil&Gold drop the loonie is isolated into exponential depression along with its low rates the trick is to start a campaign of investments into Canadian Geese farms & Hookers from New Brunswick both of which are severally undervalued and off good asset appreciation in the years to come.
  • dear123dear123 Posts: 83
    I hope you already got the answer however my opinion is to invest the money with some profitable place, as you can't be able to preserve the 34 % gain due to fluctuation in currency value or either inflation. You may also try hedging by trading in binary options which is another good idea to get maximum returns from your investments. Or either if the amount is too much enough to buy a condo, why not try to get it. At the end of day you will have another asset ready to generate passive income. With the passage of time the value of your asset will eventually goes up... What are your thoughts..?
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are the same as always "One trade at a time." Day in and day out. I don't ever worry about money as it is just a by product of good work/actions. This allows me to sit back relax and trade whenever I feel the time is right, never chasing the market or my desires but instead focused on making winning trades.