BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions
Options

Alerts

Hey guys, following okanes instructions of using demo account, learning price action and only taking care of 3 currency exchanges at once, I have chosen GBPUSD USDJPY EURJPY.

I also like trading 10-20 minute strategies as I have time spare and I'm always at my computer at university.

My question is whether I can set alerts for when stochastic or RSI moves into the 'overbought' sections? I only use those two indicators, EMA 200 SMA 50 and bolinger bands. I am really trying to focus on the trends and back test stuff ive learned.

Shall I post my learnings even though its a demo account in a trading journal? Would this be of use? I'm really trying to get involved with a community so would love feedback from you guys even if I'm not using real money!

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Options
    OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Just to be clear, I don't recommend 3 assets at once for a beginner!!
    Try to make sense of one first, if you succeed and you are good at multitasking, then try 2 and so on...

Yes! You should open your journal and start posting so we can provide feedback.

Please avoid being an alert-zombie. Try to understand/focus on the bigger picture. Just because something is overbought it doesn't mean it's going down. Also, something can be overbought on 1,2 or 3 timeframes but completely oversold or midway on other TF's. Try to focus on where price is heading, draw S/R lines, trendlines and identify price movement. Is it going for that R line you drew? Should you go with that trend towards it?

Anyway, please open a diary, check out my journal to get an idea on how and I will check now and then :)