BinaryOptions.net Forums General

Should You Use Martingale In Binary Options?

bsbZenbsbZen Posts: 84
edited January 2017 in General
Hi all,

''The Binary Bears'' have shared an very usefull video of ''Should You Use Martingale In Binary Options?''

Find the answer in the video.

Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uwHko5w-UU

Kind Regards,

BSB Zen

blueskybinary.com

Comments

• MalvridMalvrid Posts: 107
    Martingale is quite an interesting strategy and one should be very careful with it. If losing your deposit can hit hard on your wallet and you're not big on spending money, I wouldn't recommend risking like that, because it can lead to a deposit drain, but if you're enthusiastic and you've got money that you don't mind losing, figuratively speaking, then it's worth a try, perhaps everything will work out and you will seriously increase your deposit.
  • bsbZenbsbZen Posts: 84
    Malvrid said:

Martingale is quite an interesting strategy and one should be very careful with it. If losing your deposit can hit hard on your wallet and you're not big on spending money, I wouldn't recommend risking like that, because it can lead to a deposit drain, but if you're enthusiastic and you've got money that you don't mind losing, figuratively speaking, then it's worth a try, perhaps everything will work out and you will seriously increase your deposit.

Hi Malvrid,

Yes its all an mindset game, but martingale is still very risky to use even if you can spend a lot of money. You should use an proper money management and getting familiar with the ''trade splitting'' theory which is very usefull to use. Another thing is with martingaling you will most likely go in over-trading by taking too much trades and too big trade sizes and that you will get emotionally frustrated and your emotions take over control and you will blow up your account.
  • MalvridMalvrid Posts: 107
    bsbZen, thanks for the answer. You are right, martingale strategy is really difficult and you need to be careful when using it.
  • JohannesJohannes Posts: 2
    Martingale is a statistical trading approach in which the software - after losing a trade - tries to win back by doubling the investment. A purely statistics based approach, no intelligence applied. When chances are completely random, this quick and dirty risk management approach might pay of.
    But in asset trading robot software, normally your trading loss is not random: there is a specific reason that you lose money (scam, inaccurate algoritms, wrong settings, fraud, ...). Then Martingale will not help you out. You will lose your money faster. I can tell you: this is not theory only...

In case of doubt, use a 'Classic' approach: fixed investment, fixed time. In case you work with an effective trading robot software, you better choose Fibonacci: the system learns to make investment higher when repeating a positive trade.
  • FerinFerin Posts: 29
    I've already come across this kind of trade system and I I didn't end up with anything good then. This strategy may work, but I failed, though, and prefer more reliable trade systems.
  • OleboboOlebobo Posts: 112
    Well...If you take a 30 second trade on a bullish candle, you will not be stupid enough to take the trade the last 5 sec ? You know there probably will be a exhale(bearish), and there you take your bullish trade..
    If YOU dont think while Martingaling, then no one is, and you will blow your account while you count to 6,7 or 8 !!!
    But still....we have our tools to help us when we trade, and if we use that right, we should be in the money ;)
  • YozshujindYozshujind Posts: 87
    This is the most dangerous approach in the market, especially if the trader uses it on binary options. I know of many cases when my friends used it at 2.5 or 3, which led to the fact that a person simply treated nothing!! It's even hard for me to imagine that this is real. But it is especially dangerous to use it on short timeframes, because the trader gets on the fishing rod of excitement and wants to eliminate his drawdown as quickly as possible to restore the capital. But in fact, it turns out to be a huge problem for him. I think that there are a lot of approaches in the market that do not disrupt risk management. And they're the ones that should be used, not some risky approaches that only lead to losses and total disappointment...
  • GranithrisGranithris Posts: 22
    As far as I know, this is one of the most popular ways to protect your deals in the market. I have heard that the attitude to this method is ambiguous, there are those who achieve success with it, etc. And there are those who lose all or most of their capital because of it. What can I say, this situation can happen with any strategy, absolutely any strategy. It is precisely because not all traders understand how to use it correctly in practice. I think that before a trader applies this or that strategy, a trader needs to test it on a demo and also learn how to distribute his capital correctly, so that the trader understands what to do and what to do to bring money.