Migrating to EU from US

What do you really loose out on, from a trading and access to platform perspective, when one migrates from the US to EU?

I am looking into working there, but mainly concerned about how my trading will get limited there.

I mainly trade options from a technical standpoint on the TOS platform.

If I do move, I don't plan on having any ties to the US banking system, so no proof or address or accounts to keep my trading accounts active.

This question has bugged me for a while, but I never knew whom to ask. Anyone here who has made the move and can shed light on this?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,279 admin
    Hey welcome. I am not sure but I hope @The_Geek_MH can help you.
    I think some brokers may refuse US citizens even when they live in the EU or elsewhere.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 675 mod
    I don't know about that. If you are a citizen and have proof of ID I'd think you'd be able to trade no problem. PS, what is the TOS platform?
  • MalvridMalvrid Posts: 107
    I think that major issue are some differences in regulation. You should check with ESMA and MiFID regulation, because there is some sort of ban for BO trading. However, maybe the best is to discuss with your broker about differences and eventually tax treatment
  • YozshujindYozshujind Posts: 70
    I assume you should be prepared to pay some VAT for that matters as well as payouts and deposits will be in EUR really as well as some other sort of things here. Before migrating ask on local forums about forex as well. Kinda strange you didn't yet.