BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions
Options

Time frames and Expiry Times on MT4 Platform

Hi,

I am a total noob in BO trading and in my quest to learn and experiment I have downloaded and installed MT4.
I have a demo account with a reputable broker in Sydney AUS.

While testing the waters esp indicators I am trying to experiment with a 15m timeframe. In MT4 I can set this up quite easily; however how do I setup the expiry time? Also my one and only main chart shows the correct date but the time is in increments of 30mins e.g., my computer's clock shows the date and time as 11.20am 9/03/2015. In the chart it shows 9 Mar 00:00, 9 Mar 00:30, 9 Mar 01:00, 9 Mar 01:30 etc... ending in 9 Mar 03:00

I am experimenting with the AUDUSD instrument. Today is Monday and the time right now as I type is 11.22am AEST meaning the trading hrs are open as far as AUS is concerned.

Please advice about how to setup the expiry times correctly and the vague times showing on the time/date axis.

Thanks,
Tony

Comments

• Options
    lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure as soon as anything you said makes any sense at all... I would be happy to answer.. Unfortunately at this time that is not possible...
  • Options
    OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    If you mean changing the time on MT4, that is not possible you just have to learn
    to "see things in MT4 time". Expiry means the duration time of your trade and it depends on your
    strategy.