BinaryOptions.net Forums General

Windows 10 SUX / MT4 Issues

BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
Over the last few weeks I have had a ton of people contact me with issues with MT4 dragging ass and most of them believe it or not have been on Windows 10, big surprise!!! So I am gonna list a few thing you can do to hopefully restore a little speed back to MT4.

1. Tool/Options/ Charts/ Set Max bars in both boxes to 5000
2. File/Open Data Folder, go into logs select them all and delete them, it will say one can not be deleted skip it that is the log in use.
3. File/Open Data Folder go into history delete it all.

Restart MT4 see if its any better.

Next and this is super fing annoying, with the home version of Win 10 turning updates off is not optional but Windows in its greatness decided not to give alerts when updates are pending, and the PC will start to slow wayyyy down until you reboot.

Over all I have had nothing but issues with performance on windows 10 since its official launch, so if your not on it don't get on it!!!!!

Phuck Cortana she is a memory hog!

Bryan Mcafee
Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
www.tradingaxis.com

Comments

• BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    To add a little more fun if its still acting like shit check your hard drive drivers, huge bitch fest over on Reddit about if you have the wrong one it will use up to 50% of CPU.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    Sorry im in a mood this morning you can also toss the POS Windows Defender its a freaking memory hog now too, go With Avast free it when idle does not even touch system resources.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • munson41munson41 Posts: 3
    Thank you for all of the Info Bryan!!