Strategy Markets SWP Portfolio

124»

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 525 mod
    fboalfie said:

Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??

fboalfie said:

Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??

what is section 75?
  • stowa99stowa99 Posts: 5
    Once again i have emailed them to request a withdrawal. watch this space. If I have no joy then i will approach my bank Santander. I have already logged a complaint with Action fraud on the 27/4 18. They have only sent me a 'bog' standard letter.
  • fboalfiefboalfie Posts: 5
    Section 75 is protection against a series of issues that may have risen following a purchase of a product or service £100-£30k with the use of a credit card. More info on the below link:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Whether or not it can be successfully applied to cases like Strategy Markets, for all those who may have deposited their SM accounts by charging their credit cards, remains unanswered really, unless anyone here has successfully managed any such refund with their bank??

Also, on a separate note, Action Fraud has escalated the Strategy Markets case to the City of London Police, who are investigating further.