BinaryOptions.net Forums General

How much do you think you would need in your account?

randy1953randy1953 Posts: 18
First though this has to do with trading Binary Options it has little to do with trading.
I was reading about a modified Martingale method. Yes I know blow your account..been there done that no fun.

But given you are not the unluckiness person in the world.
I wonder what size account you would need to keep this cash cow running.
The rules are simple"
Your first trade is $5 and you keep trading $5 till you loose a trade
Your next trade would be $25 to cover costs and give a little profit if you loose net trade will always be enough to cover all losses and a bit of profit
when you finally win a trade you rinse and repeat.
Honestly I can't see myself losing more than 10 trades in a row yet 20 trades.
I know it's crazy but for example the odds of flipping a coin which is 49.99% 20 times in a row and losing every time is like 1 in 1 million 700 thousand.

So just thinking how much would your account balance be to keep something like this running. Any idea?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    What do you mean "keep it running", for how long? Sooner or later
    you will have multiple losses and no matter the size of your account
    you will be doubling or trippling or trading all in and might blow your account.
    Also, obviously it depends on the minimum trade size allowed with the broker.
    So check the min allowed trade size and do the math how many trades in a row
    you would have to lose before it's game over.
  • KasshKassh Posts: 9
    I think if BO for you is like flipping a coin you are bound to lose your money sooner or later.. I wouldn't trust this strategy..
  • xalksxxalksx Posts: 100
    Lots of people done this with Roulette ..if you bet black and it loses double it etc ..Your always going to lose Unless your a billionaire ..And if you were i dont think ude be chasing cash like that .
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    LoL in the end one thing remains you are either talented at trading or you are not... What system you use or any other of the many different subjective ideologies you arrive at will mean little as there is only one single objective idea you should hold on and work towards and that is TO MAKE MONEY $$$! I don't care if you use time of day pigeons outside of your office window go to the bathroom on your car and the radius of their ____ to determine an entry point for the euro... LoL in the end you either can make money at it or not...

I would think the pigeon poop might not end up being very well correlated to the euro though could be wrong...
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry NO AFFILIATE marketing allowed here...