BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

Where to start ?

As a newbie what would everyone recommend as a starter ?

Would yous sit and watch charts for days and days to get a feel for them ..When would yous consider yourself a "trader" .
Ive only been looking at charts seriously for around a month now and have sort of worked on my own little strategies

But as a total nOOb and newbie whats the best plan of action ,i no there is loads of software and indicators available which some i do use , but at the same time i do want to have a good knowledge of how things work i think reading the charts is a good starter of course,but from the guys on here who class themselves as good all round traders where did yous start , i think its pretty easy to be lazy when it comes to trading and i did read a thread about a guy with $300 dollars wondering how fast he could turn it into $1000s ..Im not trying to make a fast buck id much rather watch and learn ..But how long is the question .Also ive seen up a few peoples trading set ups with 3/4 monitors whats the ideal set up for trading ? .Im only using my laptop right now but in the future i do plan on making a little office in the bedroom to cut out the noise ..Just looking for peoples opinions on the best place to start ..Or is there any good videos about start up and what you need .Ive found a broker on here that i like ..So i feel pretty good broker wise ..But just everything else .Thanks :)

Comments

• BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Start off coming to live chat, last week I covered S/R and Trend lines, this week is swing high and lows, and money management. And you can BS with us and wee can see where your skills are currently at and send you off in the right direction to get a bit more education if needed. Its in High Def now so charts are easy to see when i stream them.

Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • ninja_bodotnetninja_bodotnet Posts: 232 admin
    edited August 2015
    You should also find this series useful:

• xalksxxalksx Posts: 100
    cheers folks will go threw as much of the videos as possible ..And Bryan thanks .Im going to start sorting what times i can sit and concentrate on chat think it was last week you were in chat and more or less said it was a bad day for trading and it turned out to be by just watching ..Cheers :)
    money management is a biggy for me ..What should i invest ,i no some say each trade should be 10% of your trading bank ..But right now im looking at iq as a broker ,and they have a great thing allowing $1 trades ..Maybe using them and every $1 trade act if it was $100 trade ..Just more or less using it as a demo but with the smallest trades possible ..Ive watched a few of the videos from this site (mainly funny ones) but at the same time i need to be looking at the ones thats going to help me in the long run ..Thanks for taking your time to post links etc .
    10% a trade is account suicide.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
    Yea ? ..See im unsure if the guy said 10% or never use more than 10% ..I will pic all this up .Cheers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPpO5ld_Uc&index=2&list=PLyuJYUgTo9-gCUB33-pXKQNwH2fJVewEQ think thats a decent video for anyone to watch when it comes to binary options /trading ..Im gonna go threw all the videos :)
  • madi-weeemadi-weee Posts: 3
    guys how are these binary options different from moneymarket.com? are these brokers who invest the money at moneymarket.com and share profits? im confused... Moneymarket.com seem a bigger thing than these - somebody enlighten me; am I wrong am I correct?
    Hi again folks ..I found out this morning there is a good chance of work coming up for the next few months working away from home so i will need to put the trading on hold for now ..But im wondering is there any decent books i can buy to read ? that will keep me in the loop etc ..
  • OliviaOlivia Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Hi, you know, there are some kind of academies provided by binary brokers. Also you can find useful info, for example, from Opteck. i suggested this one because this broker has it's own online academy for options trading, where you can find trading basics and guides.
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing a broker will teach you is how to lose money as often as possible lol...
  • dear123dear123 Posts: 83

The only thing a broker will teach you is how to lose money as often as possible lol...

To some extent I might agree that losing usually is more than winning, but I wont say its always the brokers fault (maybe sometimes) but in the end its really up to the traders and how much dedication and planning they pour into it to make it work. We can still make decent money.
  • john89oningjohn89oning Posts: 15
    I definitely agree that you can make money! Just enough practice, dedication, good strategy and maybe even luck can help you bring more money! I didn't make that much money in the beginning but over the time, it all came to its place.
  • bilykbilyk Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    I started with http://binaryoptions.net/binary-options-signals/ 4 weeks ago. And I don’t use any indicator from anyone or anywhere. Now learning as much as I can. Information really is power and by reading online reports, forums on a daily basis, you will get a good overall knowledge of what is happening in the markets. This is my advice!
    Best of luck to you all!
  • metnametna Posts: 2
    hi friends, want to ask in a nice IQOPTION.COM for trading dinary. please information
  • annie_cavelyannie_cavely Posts: 9
    Thanks for sharing ^^
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
    Elvis I think your are trying to push your broker as all of your posts so far sound like BS and the broker you mention I have never heard of.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
    Yea the broker your pushing is owned by Spot Capital Markets and it seems they own a quite a few bucket shop Binary Brokers out of Cyprus. Typical say they are in London UK with a fake office crap for half of the Binary Brokers they own.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • MARKHICKSMARKHICKS Posts: 11
    Elvis I am kind of new and even I can spot the crap you are pushing, at the bottom of "milanotrader" it shows the company who owns them all you do is google them and up comes a list of Brokers I would not touch with a ten foot pole. And anyone who says "binary it's really easy, just choose the asset you want to trade, choose a time shift, put some money and than just make the call" is nuts I learned the hard way because I listened to tools like you.
  • MARKHICKSMARKHICKS Posts: 11
    Your not here to defend them but you still mention them and say your not pushing anything but now that you have been called out your change your tone and start saying trading is not that easy, you sound like a marketer and what you are saying is misleading and will hurt people.
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Enough the joker is gone no more posts like that of some goofball bucketshop broker talking sh*t...