BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

How much profit can you possible make with 100$ Investment?

Suppose you learn all the things, literally everything about trading and stuff and is very confident.
Approx. How much profit do yo think would an experienced trader make in 3 months with just 100$ investment? (dedicating 10 hours a day)
I just want to know if it will be worth it, as i am planing to isolate myself for couple of months to learning as much as i can about trading .
Thank you .

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    your question is bunk. There is no way to tell how much any one person can make with $100. If you are lucky and win every trade 10 hours a day you could make bazillions of dollars, but that isn't going to happen. More likely you'll have a win rate around 60-65% and grow you account steadily in that time... provided you don't wipe yourself out of the market. Focus more on learning to trade, making good trades and proper money management and forget about how much profit you think you can make, that way you won't be disappointed either.
  • RaidenRaiden Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I agree 100%. What I can add is that 10 hours a day.........that is way too much time to stare at charts trading. Rather concentrate on spending only a couple of hours at the most in the beginning. IMO you will learn a way lot more spending quality time trading instead of quantity.
    To add to Raiden's answer, there just aren't that many good signals in a day. Waiting for 10 hours will be mind numbing, and lead to bad decisions.
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    My questions would be, "this supposed person" how much has he already lost in the market
    to be on that "learned everything level"? You see the problem here?
    First of all, you will never just "learn everything" unless you actually trade live for a longer period.
    And even then, you don't learn everything but you grow as you go. You will have shit days weeks and months.
    So how much are you first prepared to lose to learn the best lessons?
  • sannarainsannarain Posts: 1
    Hope this isn't stepping out of line as a first post, but after my first 10 days trading binary options with real money, I will say this... learn some basic, fundamental practices before you put a penny of your money into a real trade. This is what I did for around 6 weeks before ever laying any of my money on the line:
    Open an account and get verified, but don't deposit any money. Use the demo accounts that brokers offer first. Keep temptation away and just play with monopoly money to begin with - at least you know you can afford that!
    Use the demo account as you would your own cash. If you only have $100, base your deals on $100. Which brings me onto learning about money management. I won't type it in here, search the site, or any reputable site. You will be able to find money management strategies. But 2%. Only risk 2% of your total investment amount. So I did go into it a little... Oh, and compunding. Look that up too.
    Learn what all the funny charts and graphs and other tools actually do. "Learn everything"? Nope. Understand 2 or 3 of the charting tools well, how they work, and what signals they will give you about how a particular asset is moving. For me, using Bollingeer Bands, moving averages, and RSI have helped me the most. I'm sure in time other fancy lines will appear on my charts, but for now, I'm OK with those. If you are not using anything to help you determine what the market you are looking at might do, I'd suggest taking a 50/50 risk at the roulette table. You might even have a nice croupier to look at...
    And lastly from me, pick a tiny handful of assets to follow. I chose 3 forex pairs. Any more and I started to get myself confused.
    Good luck. I started with a couple of hundred more tha you are asking about, and in my experience, with some research into how things work, and some practice to find out what things do, you can make a little money from a small investment. And a small amount of time. 10 hours a day will send the most resiliant person crackers.
    Maybe I'll post again to update you after a month...
    That's a nice first post, please don't wait a whole month to make your second... maybe start a trading diary and keep us updated on your progress.