BinaryOptions.net Forums General

What to do when a suspected scam happened?

Hi all, I am going to make it a very quick read, basically I have an account with one of the Binary Trade website, I have made some profit but I found out it is not possible to withdraw, as the company do not reply to email unless you are a new client. Its been over 6 months since I am trying to get this sorted out. I have tried to visit their physical location but it is a false location that doesn't belong to the company. The company is registered in Marshall Islands.

What type of option do i have? I just want the amount I have on the website, back to my bank account.

Thanks for your attention!

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    Knowing which broker is in question would help. Or if you took a bonus/cleared the minimum. There may be little you can do, Marshall Islands has a limited regulatory jurisdiction, contact them. Also, if you can, also notify the agency regulating the country where the virtual office is located... the company probably has some kind of business registration with that country. Also, let the broker know you are complaining about them and send them a link to this forum post and any others you have put, here or on other websites. You can also contact your CC company and see if you can get a chargeback. They may be able to help. If the broker wants to keep operating they'll have to take care of any issues.
  • KeriusKerius Posts: 40
    Okay, to understand all of that. How much you put there and with which method really ? If you paid with credit card I assume you may get some chargeback really on all of this. And what place have you tried to visit ? Fly on the island or how do you plan ?;)
  • YozshujindYozshujind Posts: 87
    If the company is registered on some islands and doesn't really have some regulation authority it's your fault that you didn't thought about that in the first place anyway. If you paid with the wire it's already a problem to get money back anyway.
  • Samuhn74Samuhn74 Posts: 66
    In the future do check out everything you do have with something like legal information they should have for anything like that totally and completely anyway. How else you would get mad anyway with whatever reason out there.
  • HulapointikHulapointik Posts: 46
    What do you mean unless you are new client ? So they trully do making some con schemes and something even from that islands should be conducted with them for that matter anyway. How else we should really go on that ? All possible things should work with scammers on law basis.