BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

A timer to suggest how long a candle has before closing on OANDA?

Hi
Is there a timer that says how long a candle has before closing on the M1 chart in OANDA ?
Also why is there a delay between the prices on the OANDA chart and my broker chart?
I think my broker MagnumOptions is delayed by like 2 secs compared to the OANDA prices.
What can i do?

Comments

• DuhhDuhh Posts: 12
    I was able to add the timer so that's done.
    However why is there a delay between the oanda chart and my broker ?
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Not use them Duhh, Duhh...

Not use them Duhh, Duhh...

Is it normal to have a delay between MT4 and the broker chart?
    If so, what broker has the lowest delay?
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    first i would not use Oanda i mean honestly talk about BS prices they spreads they have are a joke never use a dealer based broker unless you want the mean average or for volume stats as they have a very large base of users. I would use a very tight ECN based broker with spreads under half a pip on most pairs and less on Majors. That way you can see how close to price really is to the market.. I myself for MT4 like ICmarkets but there are plenty of others out there with like spreads such as TradersWay which Bryan uses. My favorite is Interactive Brokers but they don't have a MT4 front end...

In short OANDA is a DEALER so their prices are more like IOUs then actual market prices as they profit off their spreads greatly and would not recommend using them to compare to binary options broker feeds in the least... Get it - Got it - Good!
  • BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com

first i would not use Oanda i mean honestly talk about BS prices they spreads they have are a joke never use a dealer based broker unless you want the mean average or for volume stats as they have a very large base of users. I would use a very tight ECN based broker with spreads under half a pip on most pairs and less on Majors. That way you can see how close to price really is to the market.. I myself for MT4 like ICmarkets but there are plenty of others out there with like spreads such as TradersWay which Bryan uses. My favorite is Interactive Brokers but they don't have a MT4 front end...

In short OANDA is a DEALER so their prices are more like IOUs then actual market prices as they profit off their spreads greatly and would not recommend using them to compare to binary options broker feeds in the least... Get it - Got it - Good!

I downloaded IC markets and compared it to Oanda and i saw what you meant. I now understand it, Oanda was way off. Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate it.
    BryanMac said:
    Thanks for that, really helpful. I need to work on my entry price. So if i trade based on 1 min chart for a expiry of 5 min, what time would you say to enter trades ?