BinaryOptions.net Forums General

What degree should I be studying at university to help with trading?

DuhhDuhh Posts: 12
If I was to go university, what would be the best course that is closest to trading?
I am looking at universities in London and at undergraduate level in finance section but i am not sure.
I cant do mathematical courses because i didn't take maths further for A levels.
Tagged:

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    You don't need education for this kind of work. If you can trade and you are good at it,
    brokers love to hire you and the salary is good. Most brokers even educate traders themselves.
    On the other hand, it isn't bad to have a degree in finance. To become a broker, it is also favorable
    to know programming and math. But again, if you can show them you can make money they will
    rather have an uneducated person who can double their money rather than a newbie who has a major in finance.
  • DuhhDuhh Posts: 12
    Okane said:

You don't need education for this kind of work. If you can trade and you are good at it,
    brokers love to hire you and the salary is good. Most brokers even educate traders themselves.
    On the other hand, it isn't bad to have a degree in finance. To become a broker, it is also favorable
    to know programming and math. But again, if you can show them you can make money they will
    rather have an uneducated person who can double their money rather than a newbie who has a major in finance.

Oh okay, its just that im going uni and I might as well be looking at courses that would most be beneficial for me in terms of becoming a better trader.
    But i understand what you are saying, thanks.
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    University courses won't make you a better trader, unless they've started teaching people
    how to trade. Traders are self-educated, if you want to become a better trader then you better start
    today cause it takes time. If you are going to university anyway and you like finance, sure go study
    finance. They get high salaries and better jobs than others as far as I know. On the other hand, I have to say that
    studying several years at a university did help me become more analytical. I was studying civil engineering in chemistry so it
    had nothing to do with trading or finance but still, the mathematics and technical courses helps your mind think one step ahead (sometimes...).