BinaryOptions.net Forums Beginners Questions

What is actually binary trading?

Hello i am new to binary trading. I only knew about stock market. is binary trading some thing like stock market in which prices up\down?
sorry it is a noob question , i does not really know about it! How can i make money by binary trading?

Comments

• ninja_bodotnetninja_bodotnet Posts: 232 admin
    Hey Neha, binary options are a very simple way to trade on whether the price of something will go up or down. That "something" is generally stocks (like Facebook), commodities (like Oil), currencies (like the Euro) and indicies (like the FTSE 100). You trade binary options over a set time, usually 60 seconds, 5 minutes, 1 hour etc.

Using Facebook as an example, if you think the stock price is going to go up in value during the set time period allotted for the trade (e.g. 5 minutes) then you place a call option. However, if you think that its value is likely to drop over the given period then place a put option. If you predicted the direction correctly, then your contract is “in the money,” when it expires, and you win (usually around 70-80% of your trade size) - and if you failed to correctly predict the outcome then it expires “out the money” and you lose your entire trade size. E.g. if you place a $100 trade and you lose you will lose $100. If you win you will receive around $170 to $180 back.

If you are new to binary options it almost certainly makes sense to practice on a free demo account before you trade for real money. You can get a free demo account at MarketsWorld. Hope that helps!
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Hey! I strongly suggest that you start reading and learning
    if you don't know anything about BO. You can start here:
    http://www.binaryoptions.net/binary-options-beginners-guides/
    But there are more articles so just read as much as you can.