BinaryOptions.net Forums General

Does anybody here trade full time? How long did it take for you to become confident enough and quit?

Alfonso86Alfonso86 Posts: 9
edited August 2015 in General
Hi everyone !
Does anybody here trade full time? How long did it take for you to become confident enough and quit your main job?

Comments

• OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    Alfonso86 said:

Hi everyone !
    Does anybody here trade full time? How long did it take for you to become confident enough and quit your main job?

Hi there!
    I do trading part time starting September :).
    I recommend that you have a sort of a side-business or a solid income
    besides the trading. Why? Because even pro traders will have bad months, the market
    itself will have bad periods. You will have problems with some brokers, withdrawal delays
    etc. Also depends on which country you live in. If you live in a cheap country with basically
    zero tax and average income is 300 dollars a month then I think you could do just fine if
    you have 2-3 relatively large trading accounts with different brokers and maintain a consistent
    profit. Also, I suggest you at least save up one or two years worth of spending money
    before you quit your job. Conclusion, get yourself a second income before you quit and move to a cheap country
    and you should be ok.
  • Alfonso86Alfonso86 Posts: 9
    Thank you for the answer.
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a choice surf around the world with friends, get drunk singing kumbya naked at night on moonlit beaches around the world that you can't pronounce or in some cases can't make out how on earth could view them as words much rather be a name of something? Or I could be in a relationship with a very beautiful and very expensive pillow connoisseur who invests our money in pillows/real estate/odd cooking utensils "to which I still don't know what the ____ most of them are even for." I think I was drugged, because I picked the later. So now I am a trading slave as I don't get to keep any of the money to buy cars, midget hookers, rent cool jets or exotic homes ect ect. Nope none of that sh*t. What do you consider success? Is it lots of money? Is it lots of sex? Is it lots of pillows? No matter where you go there you are, so you better like who you are as everything else is just pointless details such as why the ____ would anybody pay over $600 for a pillow!

Sorry did not answer your question took me under 4 months then again I am phucking amazing and always have been though its not like I am ever going to care. Then again could you count my employment previously as "Wheres the next wave baby..."
  • KasshKassh Posts: 9
    I do it part time. Anyway, you need to same some decent capital before you go trading full time.
  • BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    Alfonso86 said:

Hi everyone !

Yes, started in FOREX in 2008 was a nightmare, transitioned into bins a few years later took me almost a year to get confident, and now im getting back into FOREX using 1hr charts for the last 16 months, and trading bins.

Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • noah_78noah_78 Posts: 9
    BryanMac said:

Alfonso86 said:

Hi everyone !

Yes, started in FOREX in 2008 was a nightmare, transitioned into bins a few years later took me almost a year to get confident, and now im getting back into FOREX using 1hr charts for the last 16 months, and trading bins.

So why have you started trading again?
  • BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    I never stopped trading but It took me a long time to get to the point where I felt comfortable relying on trading as my main source of income.
    Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin

$600 for a pillow!

Was pillow a euphemism for prostitute? lol
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was for a prostitute then at least it would make sense!
  • Alfonso86Alfonso86 Posts: 9
    I appreciate everyone for taking time to answer my post. Thank you!