BinaryOptions.net Forums Trading Journals
Options

Zombie Zone Trading

Comments

• Options
    bo_brownbo_brown Posts: 551 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I had a nice trade today on Christmas Eve. I am experimenting with the "close early" option on OptionsXO. I entered the trade with a 30 minute expiry. I should have used a 5 minute expiry. The trade moved in my direction, but seemed to stagnate. I feared it would turn bad on me before 30 minutes passed, so I closed the trade early. I lost 75cents. The trade would have been perfect with a shorter expire time.
  • Options
    Eur/Usd was a winner for me today. All of my trade rules lined up, and the trade ended ITM.

• Options
    I missed a couple of trades with my current strategy (Trading Axis), so I looked for a quick trade to wind up the Christmas week with a simple trend following strategy using EMA's. I found price using the purple 55 EMA as support, and took a "call" option. Result was ITM.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    Nice work BO, Ill be back up and running Monday had family in town all this week so was on vaca mode, and my brother and his wife took over my trading room as there room.
    Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    Thanks Bryan. We all need some quality time with friends and family, and to step away from the market from time to time to recharge. Talk to you Monday....
  • Options
    I will be glad to have normal market volume back next week. I got beat up by the market today.
  • Options
    Ended the year with ITM's. Hooray...
  • Options
    My ITM on Gold was too close. I placed this trade on OptionsXO, and used the Hi/Low contract in which you have the choice to close the trade early, before expiration. I felt that Gold had a lot of pressure and closed the trade for a $2 profit. I was right. Price dropped soon after. I had no business taking a reversal trade there. Further examination shows that I would have been better off with a trend trade. I am looking forward to getting a lot better at this in 2014. Happy New Year!!!
  • Options
    I am starting the new year off with a nice ITM. I had confluence of indicators and price action. Nice trade.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Gold "just isn't my bag, baby" (austin powers). I entered a put trade, and price shot up like a rocket the wrong way! I was getting to fancy trying to catch a reversal off of the fib level. I am supposed to wait for price to extend past the aqua channel lines.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I took that one 2 candles later. It was a big spike off a 1 min candle so i figured it would be a temp spike for a bit so rode it out and came in ITM. on Gold and Silver normally look for 2 spikes in a row and if they both qualify then jump in. Look for momentum to weaken on 2nd candle or it will waterfall on you.

Jan 03, 08:59:14 GOLD 1234.42 1233.93
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    Hit me up on skype I think one of your indi settings is off, or PM me.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I vow to the world to make January my best trading month ever. Next week will bring back normal trading volume, and I am ready to rock!!

Today I will share one ITM and one OTM. First, the ITM. This trade moved so fast after I won, I could not get
    a screenshot to show my winning level. You can see the level in the bottom screenshot. It is dangerous to take reversal trades when the candles are the same color and climbing or falling. The trend is too strong. I will avoid this in the future.
  • Options
    Now, the OTM. I blame this one to a lack of market volume. My rules were lined up, and the price just stalled. Then, the next candle AFTER the one that expired and lost, dropped into the zone I needed to win. Bring me the horizon of Monday!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    4 trades today. 2 itm's, 1 otm, and 1 tie.

We'll start with the tie.

OTM ( oops, I forgot to save the chart for this one, I got mad. It was a 2 minute trade on gbp-jpy )

ITM

These 3 were on XO.
  • Options
    And the other ITM was on MW.
    USD/CAD was not open on XO until tomorrow a.m.
  • Options
    Just a side note US/CAD is the devil lol, it tends to push thru levels one or two candles then reverse, it was my lowest ITM % pair so I no longer trade it. 2nd place is EUR/GBP for low ITM %. Make sure and only trade yen when the yen market is open.

Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    True. I do not want to get burned on low volume pairs.
  • Options
    I got up late and squandered the morning. But I do have one fine ITM from the Asian session tonight.

• Options
    What a sketchy day. 2 wins, 2 losses.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This one ignored .82500 blue whole number level, until I took the trade. Now it decides to become support. Sheesh, the nerve of this market! lol...

• Options
  • Options
    MazadMazad Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Hey, quick question. How exactly did you set up the EMA, RSI, and Williams %R? I'm still fairly new to Binary options. I am using the MT4 and honestly have the slightest bit of information on how it works.
  • Options
    If you look at your 2 Jan 8th trades cook at the COG on the one you lost it looks like someone was squeezing it and constricting it together. When its noticeable enough like that I would stay out of the trade.
    Bryan Mcafee
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • Options
    3 out of 5 today.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I thought 1.36000 would hold as support, but the real support was just below. The next image shows I was in the neighborhood.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I forgot to save my ITM chart of Gold, but here is Nzd/Usd itm...I was watching the one minute chart, then jumped to the five minute to save the image. That is why my VC indicator on the bottom of my charts is not lined up with my entry.
  • Options