BinaryOptions.net Forums Brokers

Cantor Exchange

bo_brownbo_brown Posts: 551 ✭✭
I wanted to compare Cantor Exchange to Nadex, but I found their platform not so user friendly. Nor could I find any videos or discussion threads regarding their trading platform. So I have a Skype appointment set up with them for Friday morning. If anyone has some questions they would like answers for, post them here and I will ask them tomorrow.

Comments

• kostaszekostasze Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Hey Bo_Brown! Answers for the expiry time they offer, their assets, the calculation of the profit (fixed without selling before the expiry or buy/sell contracts like Nadex before the expiry) and last but not least who is on the other side of the contract agreement will be useful for the community!I look forward for your response mate!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 33
    Did you manage to speak to them? It doesn't look like there is any liquidity.
  • bo_brownbo_brown Posts: 551 ✭✭
    I talked to a Cantor rep, who says he used to work for Nadex. Hmmmm.

Currently, there is hardly enough volume to get one contract filled. There are supposed to be Market Makers coming on board in the next 3-4 weeks.

Contracts can be closed before expiry.

They will be adding other products to trade beside currencies.

Who are we trading against? A mix of providers and other traders.

Risk reward ratio is 1:1, or greater.

The strikes are arranged as "price ladder", not just ATM like the offshore brokers.

Setting the "tick price" is where you put your bid or offer price 0-100.

Basically, they are hoping to copy Nadex in the future. For now, it's like comparing a horse and buggy to a Formula 1 race car.

The biggest drawbacks are very low volume, and absolutely no training videos anywhere online or their website.
    While I'm not an expert as many of you folks are, if you have any more detailed questions, they are easy to get a hold of on the phone, or email. That was helpful.
  • mifunemifune Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I haven't tried out Cantor Exchange yet (maybe never will), but thank you guys for supplying this info. Apparently it's not worth trading with them yet anyway.
  • kostaszekostasze Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Thank you mate! As there is low volume it's not worth to trade yet! Maybe it will be a trading option in the future!
  • SteelFXSteelFX Posts: 1
    I trade the Cantor Exchange and like how simple it is. I get a headache looking at my Nadex platform to long. I use my iPhone and catch myself trading Cantors 5 min options when I'm bored. They need more products though and pricing on the visible ladders. What little pricing they have is good and I like being able to post my own price to see if someone will take the other side. They have a few noobs on it that make terrible pricing which is easy to pick off and since it only costs $0.90 when you win, its worth checking out.
  • Cantor exchange has a lot of potential and there are new platforms and market makers coming online over time. I have started a little series on the Cantor exchange to help orient anyone that may be interested in learning more about Exchange based trading on the cantor exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oge-59B7LrU&list=PLxUtoNeFPjjLYpBuTZMCe_Iv_zV3mzjYW
  • As of today I have suspended my trading on the Cantor Exchange and the reason why is due to the so called inverted pricing on the limit orders. Last night I took 10 contracts on a 68 cent EOD 1.0835 call and put in a 89 cent limit sell order. 1/2 hour later my order ITM by 15 - 20 Pips was sold for 11 cemt ( resulting in a 57 cent loss as the market moved in my favor ). Seems inverted pricing does not apply to limit orders guys and gals.

What actually happened is my 89 cent sell order was changed into an 11 cents call order ( not inverted pricing actually inverted order IMO ). So everyone be aware that there is no inverted pricing on Limit orders submitted to close and you should set them up like on Nadex. This is not documented on Cantor exchange nor Ryan's video where he bought at 37 and put in a limit order at 47 to get him out. On that video his SELL order is changed to a CALL at 53 ( Inverted order ).

I am not certain how a order to PUT at 89 cents to close a CALL ended up an order to buy at 11 cents to close my CALL order but it did. I never typed 11 those numbers are not in 89.

Here is a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUkCBUDaoAI&feature=youtu.be

IMO this was not confusion on my part it is an order flow issue. My order to sell at 11 cents never reached the exchange. What was posted was a CALL order at 11 cents ( Inverted order ) not inverted pricing. I have been a very big advocate of Cantor but this was unacceptable and is not documented on their site. Be advised that this can happen on the platform as it stands and do not be " confused " . The result is ITM orders can be snapped up by Market makers at a HUGE discount just like what happened to me. Who wouldn't buy an 11 cent Call for a contract 15+ Pips ITM that I just finished paying 68 cents for a while back. Good news to whoever got it because the day ended 60Pips or more above that strike that it never touched since I entered the trade.
  • BryanMacBryanMac Posts: 851 ✭✭✭
    I have heard a few funky things now about them why I have held off as of yet. I think its the low liquidity still.
    Bryan Mcafee
    Hit me up on skype at Brymcafee (McAllen TX)
    www.tradingaxis.com
  • I have heard a few funky things now about them why I have held off as of yet. I think its the low liquidity still.
    Yeah liquidity I can see improving over time if things improve but there are too many other technical issues now as it stands. I had hope for a spot option 0-100 platform and really though it could be different over here but it just has not panned out.