BinaryOptions.net Forums General

My 1-minute (“60-second”) Binary Options Strategy: 14/18 ITM

SystemSystem Posts: 164 admin
edited July 2014 in General
imageMy 1-minute (“60-second”) Binary Options Strategy: 14/18 ITM | BinaryOptions.net

On Monday, I broke from my normal routine of trading 15-minute expiries from the 5-minute chart in favor of “60-second” options. For one, I simply felt like breaking things up a bit for my own enjoyment. And two, I know that many traders are into this fast-paced alternative, as it’s now offered by many offshore brokers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• StefStef Posts: 1
    I just want to scalp in 60 second increments with candlesticks.Do you have a demo account? Also,Where would I find videos that show me how to Do this on your platform allow me to trade in this fashion?
  • mifunemifune Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Stef said:

I just want to scalp in 60 second increments with candlesticks.Do you have a demo account? Also,Where would I find videos that show me how to Do this on your platform allow me to trade in this fashion?

Hi Stef,

Do you mean that you'd like to do 60-second binary trades? I assume you don't mean scalping in the sense of forex.

I am not personally using a demo account at the moment, but I do know that traderush.com, the platform I'm currently doing my binary trading with, offers demos. I'm not sure how long it lasts, though. In the past, I believe you had to make a deposit, request a demo by contacting them, which would then last for three days. I don't know if that holds true any longer, as those were the terms about a year ago. If you would like to do business with Trade Rush (I recommend them personally), then you can make deposits in EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, CAD, and JPY. The minimum deposit is 200 for EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, and CAD. I'm not sure what the minimum deposit is for JPY as its value is quite a bit lower than each of the other five.

If you'd like a trading platform video tutorial for Trade Rush, you can find it here: http://www.traderush.com/videoacademy

I hope this helps!

• bo_brownbo_brown Posts: 551 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    How successful do think trading 60 sec options can be in the long term? Do you know anyone who has a consistent winning ratio with 60 sec options on a regular basis?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 33
    Great post mifune! Which broker is your favourite for trading 60 sec BOs?
    bo_brown said:

How successful do think trading 60 sec options can be in the long term? Do you know anyone who has a consistent winning ratio with 60 sec options on a regular basis?

I don't know anyone else who trades these, although I'm sure a few folks trade them somewhat regularly on binaryoptionsdaily.com. But I think it's perfectly possible to have long-term success with 60-second options. Even on such a microscopic scale, the market isn't entirely random. So in theory, you could maintain success with these over the long run if your strategy, money management, psychology, and so forth is all in check. I plan on trading 60-second options again on Monday. I'm actually quite curious what my ITM% would be after 100 one-minute trades. With the relatively poor pay-out percentage -- 70% normally -- you need to win 58.8% (1 / [1 + 0.7]) of your trades just to break even. So ideally, you'd want to win about two-thirds of these kind of trades to get some kind of decent profit going.
    edited August 2013
    Brian said:

Great post mifune! Which broker is your favourite for trading 60 sec BOs?

I like Trade Rush (traderush.com). I do all my binary options trading there at the moment since I'm no longer able to trade on 24option.
  • ninoninoninonino Posts: 1
    Mifune, it's very comprehensive explanations! I like the way you explained the motive behind each trade you'd made. I learn a lot from it. Many thanks!
    Since 60 secs BO is prone to erratic price movement in the market, what time (trading hours in GMT) do you recommend to trade this 60secs type of trading? Where the market is not calm, yet not too erratic as well.
    ninonino said:

Mifune, it's very comprehensive explanations! I like the way you explained the motive behind each trade you'd made. I learn a lot from it. Many thanks!
    Since 60 secs BO is prone to erratic price movement in the market, what time (trading hours in GMT) do you recommend to trade this 60secs type of trading? Where the market is not calm, yet not too erratic as well.

Hi there,

Sorry that I didn't catch your question earlier.

I don't think it matters too much when you trade for binaries. I've found my in-the-money percentage to be about the same regardless of what hours I trade. If you like the fast pace of the market, trading the New York morning (also often referred to as the US/European crossover) might be your best bet. If you like a moderate amount of volatility, the European morning would be a good option. This is when I normally trade when I get the chance, but that's only because it fits with my schedule. For low volatility, post-New York close and the Asian session would work.
  • KevinKevin Posts: 3
    Very nice mifune very nice that overall % is quite impressive I want to learn from someone like you. I myself don't like to clutter my chart with messy nonsense indicators just pure price-action with nothing but drawing lines manually to get better understanding of the trend direction
  • masterblaster777masterblaster777 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    It is good system i am trading it as well in two weeks got 3000 USD. using very small deposit works great i so exited can not stop trading now, can see video of my trading strategy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeHd2_unz5M

I am a russian emigrant in London and I am 100% RETARDED in every way I can't get anybody to watch my SCAM 60 second binary videos, can you please help me?!
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Now do you really think just take a moment, that I would allow that here? Remember I am a real trader I trade all day and my fun is taking a HAMMER to the NUTS of dolts like you...

Here if you need help with marketing see the video below that should help the key is RETARDED CATS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjDIANRA4w

By the way forgive me for saying RETARDED CATS.. I mean mentally disadvantaged pussies....
  • TripackTripack Posts: 28
    ROFL !!
    Lol, you have a unique way of dealing with the scam-birds, lotzofbotz.
  • lotzofbotzlotzofbotz Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks it's a little hobby of mine!
  • Patrickwot28Patrickwot28 Posts: 1
    Hey Mifune, love the strategy. I find I get too impatient with longer time frames. Just curious if you could do another day of 60 second trading and throw your results up again. Learned alot from the first pics. Do you have any specific way of picking out support or resistance? I know you said not to trade everything and at the end of the day its easy to look back and spot support and resistance, but when its happening its a different story. Thanks for the help!

Hey Mifune, love the strategy. I find I get too impatient with longer time frames. Just curious if you could do another day of 60 second trading and throw your results up again. Learned alot from the first pics. Do you have any specific way of picking out support or resistance? I know you said not to trade everything and at the end of the day its easy to look back and spot support and resistance, but when its happening its a different story. Thanks for the help!

Hi, Patrick. Sorry for being late in getting back to you. I have some articles on how to pick out support and resistant from a couple of my earlier posts that I can link you to:

http://www.binaryoptions.net/blog/identifying-horizontal-support-and-resistance-from-previous-price-history/

http://www.binaryoptions.net/blog/identifying-support-and-resistance-levels-from-previous-price-history-part-2/

I can also consider doing another post on 60-second options in the future. However, it's something that I trade very rarely. I haven't in I don't know how long. Over a year for sure. I prefer the longer options (5-20 minute variations) as they're no where near as noisy and I believe easier to predict, so that's what I've predominantly written about in my blog.

60-second options are valuable in the sense that they may offer a higher volume of trading opportunities. But the benefit of the higher trading volume would need to be weighed against the lower payout percentage (relative to other options types) in addition to the (likely) diminished trade accuracy.
  • KeonKeon Posts: 2
    hi there. I don't know if your still on here but I'd like to get in touch with you. I'm new at trading and I need a mentor. I live in canAda and I opened an account with skyline markets but I haven't started trading as yet. need help please!
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    Keon said:

hi there. I don't know if your still on here but I'd like to get in touch with you. I'm new at trading and I need a mentor. I live in canAda and I opened an account with skyline markets but I haven't started trading as yet. need help please!

this is an unusual way to find to a mentor. the forum part is good, picking a thread that hasn't had a post for over a year not the best. I'm sure we can help you though, the entire community can mentor you. Start from the beginning, tell us what you've been doing, what your goals are and what you have done so far to accomplish them..related to trading of course.
    Keon said:

I'm around every now and then. I no longer trade binary options, though. I've diversified into other trading methods, including equities and standard forex/currencies. Also a bit of fixed income and commodities. My trading style is also a bit different. On my blog here, I mainly had a technical trading style since my timeframe was so short-term, but now I focus on fundamental analysis as my timeframe is much longer, although I do pay attention to chart patterns.

Good luck!