BinaryOptions.net Forums Brokers

Strategy Markets SWP Portfolio

Comments

• dreamondreamon Posts: 19
    "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
    Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:
    * support@strategymarkets.com
    Reason: This is the mail system at host smtp-34.iol.local.I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to support@strategymarkets.com. The message is attached below.The remote mail system said: Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached"

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
  • OkaneOkane Posts: 1,282 admin
    They were taken down by FCA for a reason. Now they are sending their clients to some unregulated
    website. Try to withdraw and see what happens.
  • stowa99stowa99 Posts: 6
    I have sent them an email, I think it was successfully sent, but I could not message them on their website, watch this space.
  • philjak13philjak13 Posts: 1
    Me too so it seems. My wife and I invested 25K in Strategy Markets last Sept and so far had nothing back. The account was credited with 5K bonus and it appeared to be making about 2_3% monthly.
    I tried to get some out in Jan but the transaction was cancelled and I was told I had not applied in time for the deadline (15th) however the account was debited for the amount I requested.
    Since then it’s lost money and I now cannot acces the web platform.
    If there’s any way to act against these people I would be interested.
    Philjak
    edited April 2018
    I've just spoken to a guy
    philjak13 said:

I tried to get some out in Jan but the transaction was cancelled and I was told I had not applied in time for the deadline (15th) however the account was debited for the amount I requested.

I'e just spoken with a guy from www.which.co.uk. They believe that the money is not even in a bank account but gone already to the scammers. Since I have nothing to lose I have submitted a withdraw request directly from their platform. It will probably be declined but at least it will stop the algorithm (!) from trading. I'll keep doing that until I can withdraw my money - if any is left - and I would suggest other users doing the same. A rather meager consolation but at least I'll annoy them as much as I can.
    philjak13 said:

I now cannot acces the web platform.

Go to cptsystem.com and login using your SM login and password. You'll have probably lost a few thousand pounds in the process.
  • magpiemagpie Posts: 15
    Two questions for everyone:
    Has anyone heard back from Action Fraud people?
    Is anyone else trying through their Bank? Apart from DawnJay?
    I'm with Lloyds and have raised a dispute with SM through the visa debit people and the credit card people. I don't know if either will be accepted by the Lloyds departments but my details have been taken to be escalated to people higher up the chain.
    magpie said:

Two questions for everyone:
    Has anyone heard back from Action Fraud people?
    Is anyone else trying through their Bank? Apart from DawnJay?
    I'm with Lloyds and have raised a dispute with SM through the visa debit people and the credit card people.

As far as I understood, Action Fraud could take up to 28 days before replying.

I am also in contact with my bank (Barclays) but they haven't been as proactive as Lloyds. They say they can chargeback debit card transactions only within 120 days. I am curious to know what kind of dispute Lloyds is suggesting and I will ask Barclays to do the same.
    Someone at Barclays also suggested to contact Financial Ombudsman (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/). I haven't looked into it, yet, and I am not sure about their role or support they can provide.

On my side, I have sent a few messages to people that have posted on this thread but not many have gotten back to me.
    If you have a dispute with a company and the bank say they cannot help you for whatever reason, you can appeal to the financial ombudsman. I'm not giving up hope til I hear a no from the FO, which is probably likely, but it makes me feel better to fight. Lloyds texted me a number to ring today but I couldn't get through!!
  • mondiemondie Posts: 3
    I've spoken to Andrew Burrows today and he informed me about the change to CPT Trading Technologies. Also, they no longer have mobile phones to contact people because all calls have to be recorded. I mentioned this page and all the negative comments on here and he shrugged (figuratively speaking), suggesting that all you guys are people who have not done well with their portfolios (as can happen sometimes).
    I was quite worried, especially with not being able to check my account. I didn't get the email informing me about the change, but when I rang SM, Andrew rang me back when I was advised he would call.
    I don't know if I'm reassured but I'll not make any rash decisions (I can't anyway, until July, when I can take out if I want to). My account was growing steadily. I put in £5k and I'm at just over £9k. I was as high as £11k in October, so I am disappointed at the amount of losses that have occurred. I would like to have over £10k before taking out the dividend, but I do worry that it will drop further and I'll have little profit.
  • The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    Dude, CPT markets is a Ukraine company using a virtual office in Switzerland to scam you out of your money, don't trust them. they are not regulated.
    I've just had a call from Andrew B. He tells me that CPT trading have been working very hard to get our platforms back on-line. My profit now looks far too good to be true!! I was able to log on. He told me that you need to give sixty days notice if you want to withdraw your deposit in July. I have filed a report with Action Fraud this evening.
    Dude, CPT markets is a Ukraine company using a virtual office in Switzerland to scam you out of your money, don't trust them. they are not regulated.

The _geek. Can you give me the link to your claim that CPT systems is a Ukraine company, please? Thanks.
    magpie said:

Can you give me the link to your claim that CPT systems is a Ukraine company

It's what they state in the footer of their newly created website cptsystems.com (see attachment).

My account is doing too well, too: ridiculously well.

I think A.B. is still in the UK and not in Switzerland as he claims to be based now.
    I emailed the company and strangely Andrew Burrows phoned me, a bit of a coincidence. I asked about withdrawals, he said I had to wait until July . I mentioned the email and said I was concerned because I had not received a reply. I paid my deposit by my bank card, would it be possible for the bank, Santander to trace the money, any chance I might get it back? Could someone tel me what SM is, thanks? I think we need to formulate a plan and work in tandem. Comments please.
  • walkswalks Posts: 6
    Anyone got any more information?
    magpie said:

The _geek. Can you give me the link to your claim that CPT systems is a Ukraine company, please? Thanks.

if you go on their website and look for the information it is right there. YOu should really do some research before giving money to online financial services.
    stowa99 said:

I emailed the company and strangely Andrew Burrows phoned me, a bit of a coincidence. I asked about withdrawals, he said I had to wait until July . I mentioned the email and said I was concerned because I had not received a reply. I paid my deposit by my bank card, would it be possible for the bank, Santander to trace the money, any chance I might get it back? Could someone tel me what SM is, thanks? I think we need to formulate a plan and work in tandem. Comments please.

i hate to say it again but it looks like these guys are a scam, no withdrawals until when? My ass. It's time to all the authorities and see what they say about it.
  • mjcmjc Posts: 6
    Not checked mine but had the phonecall last week to say my balance was now 6k up from the previous week. See what happens when we all try to get our money out.
    CPTsystems website cannot be reached this morning.
  • Ruardean123Ruardean123 Posts: 10
    Here we go again!
  • 2gallus2gallus Posts: 19
    edited May 2018
    2gallus ✭
    Came across you guys months ago and have now decided to share my experience so far . I invested 10k just over a year ago and Im now convinced that S.M. (now) C.P.T. are using a "long con" drawn out over a set time period. I know this is a really negative opinion/conclusion but I have been banging heads with this lot since I invested. I have now decided to "kiss" the money goodbye and I agree with The_Geek_MH that its a Scam. Arron (the smooth talker) and Andrew are con men, its that simple. - clear
    About
    I think we are all very clear that it is a scam and have been ever since the SM platform disappeared. It is not easy to "kiss goodbye" to 60k which should have helped with my pension. I am a 59 year old woman who has worked hard all my life in the NHS and never had any money until I inherited. Despite researching into the company last year, at the time I invested, I now feel stupid, ashamed, humiliated and angry. And it really doesn't help to be told what we "should" have done by sanctimonious people! Mr Geek!

Constructive comments and suggestions only please. I have reported to Action Fraud, and registered as a dispute with both bank card departments. If anyone wants to be in touch please message me personally. I would be willing to share my mobile number with specific people.
    Ms. Magpie, I didn't tell anyone what they "should have done" . I said this is a scam and its time to call the police. I'm sorry you got taken, it sucks, I hope you can get your money back.

Everyone here should call the same numbers you have, and any other numbers that may be able to help. Magpie please list them here so we can all participate in your fight.
  • fboalfiefboalfie Posts: 6
    Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??
    fboalfie said:

Binary option consumers who have been in similar situations before have reported recovering funds (just partially) by making use of a “letter of idemnity” through their banks. It is a form of a chargeback for wire transfers. But has anyone here been successful with escalating this to Section 75 via their credit card issuer??

fboalfie said:

what is section 75?
    Once again i have emailed them to request a withdrawal. watch this space. If I have no joy then i will approach my bank Santander. I have already logged a complaint with Action fraud on the 27/4 18. They have only sent me a 'bog' standard letter.
  • fboalfiefboalfie Posts: 6
    Section 75 is protection against a series of issues that may have risen following a purchase of a product or service £100-£30k with the use of a credit card. More info on the below link:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Whether or not it can be successfully applied to cases like Strategy Markets, for all those who may have deposited their SM accounts by charging their credit cards, remains unanswered really, unless anyone here has successfully managed any such refund with their bank??

Also, on a separate note, Action Fraud has escalated the Strategy Markets case to the City of London Police, who are investigating further.
  • mjcmjc Posts: 6
    edited May 2018
    Well what a surprise. I logged in this morning to see they have done 4 Trades in a day. No more £500 trades either. Trades between 3k and 4k each. 3 of which lost.Balance down 9k Gone from 2k up to 7k down. That's before I send the e mail to withdraw lol. Done up like a kipper
    My bank successfully recouped £600 onto my credit card, from an online furniture business that went bust, through section 75. This is a very different kettle of fish, though. Still waiting for lloyds disputes dept to get back to me.
    Has anyone had any replies to emails or phone calls from CPT?
    mjc said:

No more £500 trades either. Trades between 3k and 4k each.

Apparently, with the so called "new strategy" - they referred to it as "corporate" in the past - the algorithm trades not only in currencies but in commodities as well. However, it can invest up to 15% of your capital, hence those 3k-4k transactions.