BinaryOptions.net Forums Complaints

Can't get my money back

I was contacted  by an agent on instagram that i can make weekly money from Bitcoin. because i do not have faith in it, i had to test the waters. She advised me to buy bitcoin from bitcoin.com to my blockchain wallet which i did. Afterwards, she asked me to transfer the bitcoin to a trading platform that she works with (EpicXOption.com). To be honest i could not find any negative review about this platform when i searched for them on the internet. so i transferred my bitcoin value of $300 and she started trading on my behalf.

She(agent) advised me that the trading session will last for 1 week after which i can withdraw my funds. After a week, my balance has risen to $1500, when i am about to make withdrawal, i couldn't. I contacted the customer support who advised that i need to pay 20% of my balance. and i contacted the agen back on instagram that why do i need to make another payment to withdraw my funds. Why can't you deduct it from my funds? The customer support said the platform is set to give out all funds to the customer after making payment for the commission. 

I made the payment of $300 believing that i will get my funds transferred to my blockchain wallet. The customer service said my funds will be transferred in an hour's time upon the confirmation by the agent. She confirmed payment of my commision.I wa really excited that i will be getting my payment and wanting to invest more on Bitcoin as i have just lost my job. I thought this was a blessing in disguise. 

Upon logging back to my account (Epicxoption.com) the balance has changed to $3000.I got a message from the agent on instagram that i should check my account that the balance has changed. As a result i will have to make another $300 before i can make any withdrawal. That was when i woke up that this is not real!. 

I a still in contact with the agent and i told her i cannot make any payment anymore until  i get my funds. When i spoke to the customer service that advised i speak to the agent that she can authorise my payment and i can refund her back when i get my funds. i did exactly that but she was adamant i make the payment.

My issue now is that i am not sure if this trading platform (EpicXoption.com) is legit. I do not think they are to the best of my knowledge. And the name of the agent on instagram (perrywoodsinvestor) Name on instagram is Jennifer-perry Woods.

How do i get my money back please? I am not sure how to go about it. I still communicate with the agent on instagram and i can still log into my account.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The_Geek_MHThe_Geek_MH Posts: 860 mod
    dude I'm sorry to say you've been totally scammed and will likely not get you money back. There is no reason legally for them to keep you money, because they are means they are stealing it. It's stolen. I'm sorry. Please contact your local authorities and try to get as much info about the people as you can before you tell them about the cops.
    dude, they claim to be located in the U.S. and regulated by the CFTC, that is a total lie. You should call the CFTC,
  • raef02raef02 Posts: 1
    Hi Lincoln

Looks like we're on the same boat, I got myself into this embarrassingly, mine goes by the name of Salvodarro in instagram. Started with $500 sent to him in Bitcoin, then they said I need to double it to get more profits so another $500 then purchase a signal worth $350. Then my trade was done, I made around 21,300. Wow right? Then I need to send a withdrawal fee of 10% so another $2,130 sent in bitcoin. After that, I still can't withdraw since i have to pay insurance, taxes and more fees that are now amounting to 7k. I can't believe I fell for this. I'm still talking with them right now because they're asking me to send the money which I said I don't have and will not send anymore. They also got me into this professional looking website called MetroexpertFX.com which I just googled and only 1 month old! I am really embarassed I got scammed. Like you, I'm out of money and mine is around $3.5k total. How I wish there's someone who could help recover this but I'm not optimistic. I guess I should also just contact the CFTC as recommended by the_geek_mh. Anyway, just wanted to share my story. Will never fall for this again.
  • jessica12jessica12 Posts: 1

hii!!

can i ask about metroexpertfx.com

• I was also introduced to metroexpertx last week via Instagram. This trader has over 5,000 followers. I’ve been instant messaging her all week. Asking one million questions including if she’s a scammer. Haven’t traded with her yet . Thank goodness, but I’m going back and forth with another trader on a withdrawal since yesterday. That’s for another post . Glad I saw metro mentioned

• thulani7thulani7 Posts: 28

I just fell fir the same thing by a woman who was recommended on some website where i was trying to get a mentor but she lured m to investing due to being at a desperate time i dd desperate stuff like taking money i had to deposit for school. Amy Lui was the account manager using Vertex Trade Options. Nothing much i can do but soreading the word of scammers, dont fall for this. I lost $300 and niw they want m to pay tax fee

you got scammed,that sucks. And then you made 50-11 posts about it in our forum, that sucks too. Please just make one post telling us about how you got scammed. we don't need to read about 20 flipping times.